• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Lund Purchase

Big-Al

I am thinking about purchasing a new boat, due largely to my boat being down for the last month.  I have been in and really do like the options and layout of the Lund Impact.  What pros and cons do you folks see?  The 1875 Sport is what I would be leaning towards.  I am also looking for personal experience with the Mercury 150.  That motor seems to be getting good reviews.

Edited by Big-Al

Just got the 2025 impact this fall(wife surprised me with it). Absolutely love this boat. We were looking at the 1875 also, she went in and didn't have the color she knew I'd like so she went to the 2025.?? Did have a recall on my 200V8 Merc right away, but did get it out 3 times and it handles beautifully.  While I had the recall, I got a loaner Adventurer with a 115. Couldnt believe how easy it cavitated compared to mine. So one thing I would recommend is a stainless prop. Maybe you ended up picking one up already? 

20191006_030706.jpg

33 minutes ago, KDueck said:

Just got the 2025 impact this fall(wife surprised me with it). Absolutely love this boat. We were looking at the 1875 also, she went in and didn't have the color she knew I'd like so she went to the 2025.?? Did have a recall on my 200V8 Merc right away, but did get it out 3 times and it handles beautifully.  While I had the recall, I got a loaner Adventurer with a 115. Couldnt believe how easy it cavitated compared to mine. So one thing I would recommend is a stainless prop. Maybe you ended up picking one up already? 

20191006_030706.jpg

Welcome to the forum and sweet boat.  ?

I love it when the wife buy's in to a real family need!  ?

I had blown the motor on my old 16' Crestliner with a 70hp Merc on it. I came out of the Dealer to the truck to let her know that it may take a few $1000 bills to rebuild it and I wasn't sure it would be worth it?  ?

She looked over at their line up of new boats outside and said what I about that nice Blue one there?  ?

So that's how I ended up with a brand new 17' Starcraft with a 90hp Force on it, since replaced with a Merc.  ?

On 12/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, KDueck said:

20191006_030706.jpg

No, I havent pulled the trigger on a new boat yet.  Do you have any idea how much extra weight that 2025 is versus the 1875?  Sure is a great looking boat.  

Edited by Big-Al

Standard boat weight goes from 1520 to 1685, but fuel tank increases by 10Gal, may want a 36V trolling motor instead of 24V, bigger motor, so it can snowball quite easily into a substantial weight and price difference.  

On 1/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, Big-Al said:

Yes,  I figured the bottom line would be substantially higher. That bigger boat would sue be sweet though. 

Yes,  I'm sure not complaining about the upgrade. Looking forward to putting some hours on her.

Edited by KDueck

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
On 1/4/2020 at 3:19 PM, KDueck said:

Standard boat weight goes from 1520 to 1685, but fuel tank increases by 10Gal, may want a 36V trolling motor instead of 24V, bigger motor, so it can snowball quite easily into a substantial weight and price difference.  

Welcome to HSO @KDueck. ?