• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ride To Game

bowhunternw

Any opinions on best way to get two 17 year old boys a ride to game? They will be staying at a hotel near mall of America. I was going to give them a ride back and forth but it turns out that I cant go and my wife isn't comfortable driving downtown. We rode the lightrail last year but looking for a better option.

If you don't want to drive them down there yourself then light rail is probably the next best option.  Downtown is a bit of a mess right now with construction so don't blame you for not wanting to drive.  I went to a day came a few weeks ago and drove, it was a mess. 

The only other option that I can think of is using an Uber or Lyft.  Not the cheapest option but its easy.  It might take a little time at the end of the game to get a ride back assuming there are a lot of other folks also calling Ubers after the game.  

2 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

The only other option that I can think of is using an Uber or Lyft. 

You need to be 18:

Requests from underage riders. A rider must be at least 18 years of age to have an Uber account and request rides. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older on any ride.

A passenger must be 18 to sign up for a Lyft account, but if a driver believes a passenger might be underage, the driver may ask the passenger to confirm their age. The driver may also let a passenger know that the driver will have to cancel the trip if the passenger is indeed under 18.

Unless these 17yr look older and can pull it off. The train is about the only option I can think of.

Good point, didn't think about needing to be 18.  

Really the light rail is the best option and likely really the only option.  Even if you could call them an Uber or Lyft the train will be a lot cheaper.  You can get an all day train/bus pass for $4-5, might be less with them being 17.  An Uber or lyft would have been a minimum of $20-25 each way.