• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help! What Is This Weed?

Hawg

Warning about 80 is just for the day you spray right? It is getting cooler now so I should be ok. Del, I wonder if that Brushtox has mixing instructions for brush killing. That would be pretty strong and I have been warned about following the instructions exactly. Thank you. I will check into it today. 

https://raganandmassey.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Brushtox_1gal.pdf

Looks like a couple quarts per 100 gallons, with some diesel mixed in.   That would be like maybe an ounce or a little less per gallon.   Sounds like heavy duty stuff.   

Edited by delcecchi

Delcecchi, Just got off the phone with Brushtox customer service. For tank/spot treating lawn use 3/4 oz per gallon. No surfactants (Diesel will kill all grasses). Should not harm northern grass if directions are followed. Be sure of zero rain for 24 hours. (The mix for brush killing is 4-6 oz/gal and does require surfactant.) Weed will probably take a week to show results. BE Sure to wear long sleeves, long pants, rubber/latex gloves, shoes and socks, and eye protection, it's very irritating to eyes. Apply with coarse spray.  The guy had never heard of this Celandine Majus (Sp)?  Phone number is 800 264 5281 if needed and they are very helpful.  I haven't talked to the Crossbow people yet but plan to later today.  Southern Ag.(crossbow) phone is 941 722 3285 

Interesting.  I was searching for instructions and got conflicting advice.   The no oil thing is good to know...I've got this creeping charlie issue in my lawn.   2,4-D and triminic doesn't seem to do much.    Gonna give this stuff a try.  What did they say about a little soap in the tank?

I did ask about dish soap and he said because there are  no toxicity studies that have been done with soap mixed with their product he can't legally comment on it. He did make it clear in his own way it wasn't needed. Haven't talked to the Crossbow people yet.

Now I'm really stumped! Just got off the phone with Crossbow. They say do not use this stuff on lawns, it will kill everything it touches.. Weird, Brushtox has 2-3 times the Triclopyr, and they say safe on grass and Crossbow guy says absolutely not for grass. Still, my friend in the lawn business uses Crossbow on lawns all the time. This is another company that has never heard of this Chelidonium majus????  Greater Celandine is the common name for it.Maybe I'm going into products that are just too powerful for a regular homeowner like me.

Edited by Hawg

I'm pretty sure the crossbow response was just that, it's not labeled for residential use and therefore they will not talk outside what they are supposed to say. That's why Brushtox would not respond directly about soap. The crossbow guy was very convincing about Triclopyr killing grass though. That short Brushtox video was drop dead scary where it killed those trees, it looked like a horror show scene. You going with Crossbow or brushtox? I think I'm going with Crossbow because of the 2-4-d. I know it won't kill this weed but it 's great for so many others.Plus I know my friend recommends it highly. I'm copying my PM to you so others on here can see what we've discovered for their own knowledge. I guess if we are discussing reseeding vs. sodding in the spring everyone will know our plan didn't work. ?

I’ve been using crossbow on my lawn for 3 years and never have had a dead spot where I sprayed it. Father in law uses it as well now. I also have a sprinkler system so I water the following day. Let us know how it goes.