• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Wisconsin Fishing Reports & Outdoor Report for June 6, 2019

Temperature and humidity are on the rise following some very cold nights with some central and northern areas even experiencing frost. People are out enjoying the summer-like weather camping, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing. While warmer days are making the water more attractive, swimmers and paddlers are being cautioned that many lakes and rivers are still cold and at higher than normal summer water levels.Warmer weather is drawing paddlers and other boaters to lakes and rivers but many remain colder than normal and have higher than normal water levels. Photo credit: Sunrise at Bark Bay Slough State Natural Area by Ryan BradySome municipalities have enacted slow no wake ordinances on river systems, including the Wolf, Wisconsin and Rock. Take time to read and learn about these ordinances at boat landings.The water is slowly warming up and that means that fishing is also starting to pick up on many lakes. Bass have been seen on beds and crappies are still biting off and on in shallow water related to weeds, downed trees and docks. Bluegill and other panfish are in their pre-spawn stage, with some nests beginning to be made in the shallow, warmer water.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• bomba squirrel 🐿     
    • I did ask about dish soap and he said because there are  no toxicity studies that have been done with soap mixed with their product he can't legally comment on it. He did make it clear in his own way it wasn't needed. Haven't talked to the Crossbow people yet.
    • Interesting.  I was searching for instructions and got conflicting advice.   The no oil thing is good to know...I've got this creeping charlie issue in my lawn.   2,4-D and triminic doesn't seem to do much.    Gonna give this stuff a try.  What did they say about a little soap in the tank?
    • If it is garter snakes, pick them up with your hand and put in a bag.   Release them a mile or so away.  
    • One of my absolute fears, I'd sell the house!
    • Ask and ye shall receive. Now I have so many orioles, lots of young ones, I'm going thru almost a jar of jelly every 2 days! I wouldn't think they would be migrating thru going south yet would they? The catbirds like it too and I have about 1/2 dozen of those. They are pretty neat birds. I also have about a dozen of some kind of sparrow hang around that I can't identify. I can't take good enough pictures to post or I would. They are big birds and the closest I can come is a white crowned but they are not white on top of their heads, that's brown but have black and white stripes over the eyes like white crowned. Also their chests are mottled yellowish brown and darker brown. No yellow patch or white throat like a white throated. Broken white stripes on the wings and lower back. Bill is dark gray on top and light translucent whitish (not really pink?) and they actually look a lot like a female Grossbeak but I know they aren't. Seems one of the sexes are a little browner than white on the head stripes.   They are brown around the eyes but do have a thin white area below that to neck but the white does not go under the bill/throat. I'm searching websites but still can't find them.
    • Delcecchi, Just got off the phone with Brushtox customer service. For tank/spot treating lawn use 3/4 oz per gallon. No surfactants (Diesel will kill all grasses). Should not harm northern grass if directions are followed. Be sure of zero rain for 24 hours. (The mix for brush killing is 4-6 oz/gal and does require surfactant.) Weed will probably take a week to show results. BE Sure to wear long sleeves, long pants, rubber/latex gloves, shoes and socks, and eye protection, it's very irritating to eyes. Apply with coarse spray.  The guy had never heard of this Celandine Majus (Sp)?  Phone number is 800 264 5281 if needed and they are very helpful.  I haven't talked to the Crossbow people yet but plan to later today.  Southern Ag.(crossbow) phone is 941 722 3285 
    • Our annual ice fishing kickoff event is a little over a month away!  We just want to make sure everyone gets it on their calendars!   This year's date is Saturday, September 28.  Held at our building in Blaine, MN.   We'll have seminars from Ice Team and Ice Force Pros, along with vendors showcasing all of the new products for the upcoming ice fishing season!   Oh, and AWESOME deals on everything you need to have a successful season!   We'll post more details as we get closer, but for now please mark your calendars for Saturday, September 28 and we'll see you there!!   Thanks for all of the support!!
    • https://raganandmassey.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Brushtox_1gal.pdf   Looks like a couple quarts per 100 gallons, with some diesel mixed in.   That would be like maybe an ounce or a little less per gallon.   Sounds like heavy duty stuff.   
    • Warning about 80 is just for the day you spray right? It is getting cooler now so I should be ok. Del, I wonder if that Brushtox has mixing instructions for brush killing. That would be pretty strong and I have been warned about following the instructions exactly. Thank you. I will check into it today.