• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Wisconsin Fishing Reports & Outdoor Report for June 6, 2019

Temperature and humidity are on the rise following some very cold nights with some central and northern areas even experiencing frost. People are out enjoying the summer-like weather camping, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing. While warmer days are making the water more attractive, swimmers and paddlers are being cautioned that many lakes and rivers are still cold and at higher than normal summer water levels.Warmer weather is drawing paddlers and other boaters to lakes and rivers but many remain colder than normal and have higher than normal water levels. Photo credit: Sunrise at Bark Bay Slough State Natural Area by Ryan BradySome municipalities have enacted slow no wake ordinances on river systems, including the Wolf, Wisconsin and Rock. Take time to read and learn about these ordinances at boat landings.The water is slowly warming up and that means that fishing is also starting to pick up on many lakes. Bass have been seen on beds and crappies are still biting off and on in shallow water related to weeds, downed trees and docks. Bluegill and other panfish are in their pre-spawn stage, with some nests beginning to be made in the shallow, warmer water.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Certainly looks like more  of a Saltwater feature, what with requiring an external add on device.
    • Lead is down to 4 games. Oh boy!
    • It's not a useful function for anyone that is operating a boat that it would be completely abnormal to have radar mounted on it.   It's also pointless anywhere in this state except possibly superior.    
    • One crazy story while up in LOTW...  When you fish a week up there for Muskies something pretty crazy will happen but this year was among the most fascinating experiences that I have had.... We are fishing a weedy spot on an Island and all of the sudden I see a tanker swimming parallel to the boat about 10 yards out (BTW, I have never seen that up in LOTW before).  First I thought I was seeing things, took a second and third look and then yelled "there is a huge Musky swimming out in front of us".  The Musky went straight to my brothers Top Raider and hammered it!  All of us saw it.  My brother fought it for a while and it shook free.      So this experience got me thinking if the Muskies are really turned on can their strike zones be that large?  I am estimate that fish swam more that 10 yards to intersect with that bait!  Maybe it was just cruising and by luck it happened?  I sure seemed that the Musky was focused on eating that Top Raider .... so maybe the Strike Zone is that large or much larger than I thought...
    • The whitewater rafting was decent.  Low level class 1-3 but still enjoyable.  River and Trail Outfitters at Harpers Ferry.  Now sitting in the Guide House, a local favorite established by one of the veteran rafting guides.  Having a Duck Rabbit Brewery Milk Stout and ready to dig in to a fine bowl of crab mac.   Yes. Yes I did fall out of the raft in one of the rapids.  It’s was pretty fun!
    • How many people are still fishing out of a 14 foot Lund?  
    • Seems kinda pointless for about 99.9999% of people that are just fishing some dumb lake in their 14 foot lund.   
    • Whats everyone's thoughts on this new feature? https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post/ais-in-the-boating-app/  
    • What you are doing is even better than what they hope to achieve with the law. I do the same thing. My minnows never see lake water while in my possession except while riding on a hook. It is not possible to transfer invasives via my minnows or minnow container unless they came from the bait shop and the result would be same either way.   This brings up a good question. Aren't minnows trapped in lakes and streams? They could contain microscopic versions of invasive species and therefore be responsible for transporting them to every lake where the minnows are used. Even those raised in rearing ponds are potential threats if the rearing ponds become infected.   Unfortunately, it is impractical (not impossible) for a CO to know that my minnows have not been in the lake. He would have to take my word for it. As a result, unless they catch me taking my aerated minnow cooler from my boat to my truck, ....  
    • I see they got Eddie & Cron back last night but now Buxton's out again. It didn't help though as they played a sloppy game & beat themselves.