• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Hoyt4

Wi Turkey Hunt

We finished up the seasons with 3 great birds. All 3 had 1 1/4 spurs 11 inch beards and one with 11.5. Two birds weighing in at 23 lbs and the other 22. This year we had gobbling like in the past . These last 5 years has been very minimal gobbling if none at all some years. This year was similar to when we started hunting these farms. The high predator population is why i think they do not gobble as much. Even this spring had a yote mess up a bird walking right in to me he was in killing distance but I was liking the show so let him keep coming my error. Yote came running in and chased him off :(. But we did end up shooting this bird Friday morning. So he only was saved once.

See what happens this weekend. I'm supposed to take a buddy out hunting in MN but if that falls through maybe make one more run to WI.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190517060852379_COVER.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190517061223198_COVER.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190517065033414_COVER.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190517061145332_COVER.jpg

Resized952019051595132113.jpg

244301820.png

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190516202610122_COVER.jpg

Nice birds. Wisconsin rarely disappoints.

Those are some hooks!  Way to go!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Not really. My cukes are going well. Got 3 tomato plants that look like they don't wanna do anything though!!??
    • That's a heck of a nail driver you got there!  😉
    • vaportrail, Welcome to the forum.  You Suk!  😆
    • does it really matter? i mean its gonna be a 4-0/ 4-1 sweep by the yanks come playoff time. I know I know Im a terrible person
    • haven't had cable for 3+ years now if i can get my internet bill back down it will be great thinking of going back to frontier half the cost run netflix and antenna in the attic. most of the time i just check the news on the phone. other then that its disney movies. we do get some chatter since the metal roof went on but no big deal
    • can you post a pic of that feeder please? thx
    • Been hearing 2 pileated woodpeckers in the trees for a few days. Was hoping there was a chick around. It just flew in and I got a quick shot. Male chick. First time I have captured one.
    • What do you know 2 games in a row for Sano. Cron too, he's been the steadiest with the bat lately IMO. Thought I seen something about them getting a pitcher that the Angels let go. I'd love to see them pick up another lefty for the bullpen as well.
    • A lot of it depends on the bandwidth that you are paying for. They will limit your pipe. Best bet is to hook up a computer directly to you router and see what you get on your speed test. The mesh systems are  awesome for both range and through put, but any wireless router is only going to deliver on the bandwidth that your isp provides. If you find that your hard wire computer is a lot faster, the first step is to update the firmware on your wireless router and go from there. 
    • I finally put out the blackbird proof suet feeder. The juvenile redwing blackbirds have recently moved in and have been gorging on the nutty butter. Never had any grackles so far, hence the reason I’ve waited until now to swap feeders. They haven’t been hitting the sunflower chips much, so I’ll hold off on swapping those feeders for now.