• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Milwaukee Fishing! Gaps For Success

By Milwaukee Wisconsin fishing charter Capt. Jim Hirt

Lake Michigan Salmon Fishing Report 5/15/2019 Hello all thank you for reading my reports. Join us in Milwaukee! To get my fish reports and how to videos first go to http://www.jimhirt.com By subscribing you will keep ahead of the other anglers. When I post you will get it fast!

Early May fishing is good. Most of our charter trips are catching 8 to 10 fish. Mostly Browns with some Rainbows and Coho. Not much has changed since the last report. Plenty of cold weather and rain has slowed catch rates with fewer anglers on the water. We fished sunny skies on Sunday with the wind out of the northeast at 5-10 mph to start. The wind came up and blew us off the lake. We still managed 6 for 10 in 3 hours of fishing. Most of the fish came in the top 18 feet or on the bottom. The water flowing into Milwaukee harbor is 54 degrees. We have been fishing the temp breaks in front of the river mouth and harbor gaps marking fish at all depths. Our best presentations are Church Walleye planer boards with 25 foot leads behind the boards and downriggers 20 to 35 feet down. The way I set up a planer board is with 20 lb. mono to a 1/4-ounce bead chain sinker. Use 6 feet of 15 lb. fluorocarbon leader from the sinker to a size #1 Cross Lock snap and lure. The fish have not been too particular. Some of our best producers have been Vulcan Silver Sky and Orange Slush sold at http://www.badgertackle.com Michigan Stinger Natural Born Killer and most of their silver orange spoons are working. Inside the harbor and depending on wind direction the north and south gaps are producing fish. The fish at the north gap came on small spoons. Silver blue spoons worked best for us running 60 feet behind the ball on downriggers 8-15 feet down. Our best boat speed was 2.2 mph. Slide Divers are producing very well set to #2 with 50 feet of line out. Have a great fishing season. Let's go fishing!! Jim charters out of Milwaukee, WI. with Blue Max Charters. He can be reached at 414-828-1094 or visit his web site at http://www.bluemaxcharters.com Copyright© 2019, James J. Hirt, All Rights Reserved.

Fish,report,salmon,lake,michigan,Milwaukee

Join the conversation

You can post now ↓↓↓ or ask your question and then register. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Funny now 10 years later I will add to this discussion.  I have a 2010 Warrior 1890.  It looks awesome still with no hazing or cracking.  Livewells, hinges, seats and bases, decking, carpet, all looks great.  I started with a 115 and had a warranty replacement and went to the 140 Suzuki.   It is the best boat I have been in next to the 2090.  I like Lund pro Guides and Alumacraft Navigators when the water is flat.  I like the Ranger 620 tiller minus the layout and the same for the 618T but...The 618 in big rough water with that 90 will wear you out and have you fighting all day.  My 1890 tracks like train.  The storage is ample, but also logically laid out to distribute weight.  Pro Tiller steering makes driving in the roughest water a breeze, but also on those 15 mile runs lessens fatigue, but the real difference is just the power to go up and down in really big rough water at any trim at any speed you need.  The Warrior hull also handles that huge water great.  The only thing I hate about the warrior hull is without trim tabs it likes to lean so its another dent in the pocket book for trim tabs - that is the only knock I have.  And now in 2020, Warrior is adding market share and once again Ranger has dropped the tiller.  Too bad, with a center rod locker and better storage the 620 tiller would be a perfect rig.
    • I was thinking the  smaller beds for the kids. You would still have two beds in the back roughly 7’ long.  There are two issues that you are going to contend with on your design. #1. I’m afraid you are going to run out of room for your door unless you go 17’. #2. I’m not sure where you are going to put the holes unless you’re willing to only fish 6. 
    • 🤣🤣 funny............based on some of the posts here sounds like an outing with eyeguy, Rickg, icehawk tom sawyer......and a few others!!!!!!😂😆
    • Ive given some thought to how I'd build a future wheelhouse and this topic is something I've debated.  Ive used houses with bathrooms both ways and the added privacy of the outside entrance bathroom was nice and overall I think we all preferred that.  The big down side is any late night bathroom needs.  You'll have to know your audience on that one and determine how big of an issue it is.     If you do go this route and opt for no heat make sure to put an extra hook on the wall on the heated portion for you to hang your toilet seat to keep it warm.  That will make the family love you a little more.   I do like the modified floor plan laid out above.  If the bunks are short that could be an issue.  I'm 6'4" so need a long bunk but how tall are the kids?  Could those bunks be dedicated kid bunks and you get the longer bunk?   The only thing in that modified plan you may want to look at is the hole placement in front of the front bunks.  Depending on the frame your working with you might want to move the hole over to the right a little to move it away from the bunks a little.  Right now its placed squarely in the middle of the only place to access the bunks.  If you plan to use rattle reels at night I could see someone jumping down from the top bunk and not having a good place to land without ending up in the hole.    I'd for sure give some thought into squaring off the front V and putting 2 longer bunks up front.  Maybe plan for a jackknife sofa up front and a dinette in back.  If you go the route of squaring off the V put some thought into how you could best use that space you'd be losing.  
    • Bucket and a bag mostly for me. I really don't like to empty the chemical toilets after use so I'll probably avoid that. We tend to just cut the top off a gallon jug and use that overnight but I don't think the Mrs. would love that the occasional time she'd come with so true, that's a plus on for the inside accessible toilet.
    • @mnbuckhunter what are you using for your thunder bucket?  The smell thing is sometimes hard to avoid but can be minimized.  A powered roof vent fan used while a person is in there will help.  I’ve heard some people going the bag and bucket route put saw dust in the bag - cedar if you can get it helps a lot.  We just use a chemical toilet with the blue deodorizer in the water.     All this said to get to my personal preference to have the throne accessible from inside in order to save those overnight trips outside for a quick shake n go when it’s 20 below and breezy.
    • My brother went of of it and it was fine also.   I watched several trucks use it and one wheelhouse used it as well.
    • I saw that Trophy Hunter before and liked that idea a lot....and I like your modification a lot too. The only problem I've had with that look is I think those end up being 6' beds and being over 6' I've had a lot of problems trying to sleep in a 6' bed. Otherwise it'd work for sure. The other way I was thinking (original post) would allow for nice long beds. And maybe some kind of bottom double on both sides. I don't love the idea of loosing that much space in the V but maybe I could build the heater and storage into it somehow? The no heat would probably be ok. And maybe I could run a duct into it if I really wanted heat depending on where the heater end up.  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.