• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starting Another 7 Months

BIGFISH.JZ

Today is my first day back to work, fixing and rigging boats. I don't think I could handle working 12 months/year. Having 5 months to deer hunt and ice fish is something I enjoy very much. How many of you have seasonal jobs that let an outdoorsman get a chance to be outdoors, and what do you do? 

18 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Good for you Bigfish JZ. ?

That’s a situation I can’t even comprehend.  I’m one of the 50 hour/week crowd.  5 weeks of vacation built up doesn’t really mean a thing.

Yeah, you get back from vacation and the work just piled up while you were gone. Vacation only pauses it for a while but then you have to work that much harder upon return.

Must be a rough life i tell ya havent been on a vacation since dec/12 havent been up north to the wifes parents place in 3 years and starting next week we go from 70/5 to 95/7. The only positive ill be mort/ debt free by 33. Then i can work part time 40/4 or prefferably 40/3

Edited by vaportrail

It is rough, working all day then fishing after work till 10-11 usually. Sometimes I decide to go out fishing before work instead. I prefer my winter schedule of sleeping all day and fishing crappie, walleye or pout all night. Sometimes I'll do 20 on/12 off, where I fish for 20 hours straight and sleep for 12 hours. I fish harder than most people work..  it's not always easy but it's the life I choose!! House is paid for and firewood is free, otherwise things would probably be a little different. Fishing is more like an addiction than a hobby. If I wasn't good at it, things would probably be different too. I avoid activities that I'm not good at... Hmm... Also try to avoid activities that aren't 'fishing'. It's tougher than one would think. ?