• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blackstone Outdoor Griddle

Anyone here cooking on one of these? My wife bought me the portable 22" Blackstone griddle for Christmas. We plan to use it up at our camper up north so I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.

If anyone here is using one I would love to see the pics and hear what you are cooking on it.

blackstone 22.jpg

I have one.

In my shed.

Among other things I’m storing for my buddy.  He said it was pretty cool; likes it a lot.  Told me to try it but I haven’t cuz I don’t wanna like it a lot and have to buy one.

Same mentality I have about new snowmobiles. ?

Hope you enjoy it BD.

41 minutes ago, smurfy said:

I just looked at that in a menards today!!!! I don't see where i'd use it. be interested to see what others think. could change my mind.

I think I will be using it mostly to make breakfast, sausage, eggs, pancakes, hash browns and the like. Most people who have them seem to be using it for that, smash burgers, fajitas, steaks, and much more. 

I have the same portable griddle at home and prefer it over the standalone at the lake.  The best thing we make on the griddle is blackened fish tacos.  It makes a mess and a lot of smoke, so being outdoors is a plus.  Breakfast is decent and the fried rice, habachi style, is good.  If you are a fan of real coney dogs like the Gopher Bar, then this will help you get close to the same flavor.  Have to griddle the dogs a little crisp and toast the buns with butter.

E8F1DDE3-440E-4DBA-8B61-85BFD8D7EA0C.jpeg

68B28367-DFF1-486A-B2AD-D58D7A5542F5.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

I actually bought this carbon steel griddle from Lodge last fall and prefer it.  Use it on both the stove top and the grill.  The Blackstone will be retired and given to a friend who wants it.

image.thumb.png.2933a6adb61e296f38c860b75a3dee16.png

I have a griddle for my camp chef 3 burner.   Works great.  No lip on the front so grease will run off into a little trough,

https://www.campchef.com/stove-accessories/griddles/professional-flat-top-griddle-16-14.html

griddle.jpg.5f1cac279b0970db5551dca44e58d9e9.jpg

They also make a flat top unit.  

I guess my question big d would be how even it cooks. You know how some of them electric griddles can be, or even a small portable grill gas grill with the with a small flame down the middle. We have a cast griddle like was mentioned at the cabin that gets used either stove top or grill that works great. Just a thought..

15 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

I guess my question big d would be how even it cooks. You know how some of them electric griddles can be, or even a small portable grill gas grill with the with a small flame down the middle. We have a cast griddle like was mentioned at the cabin that gets used either stove top or grill that works great. Just a thought..

Mine cooks fairly even.  Trick is to let it heat up for about 20+ minutes before using.

Wondering if anyone has used one of these to clean their griddle.  I saw a guy in our cafeteria cleaning the flat top with this thing and I asked him what it was.  He said they are the trick to keeping their commercial griddles clean.

image.thumb.png.7e88db374509f46c7ccb3346a2342338.png

Edited by Moonshine

The blackstone griddles are carbon steel and rely on a layer of seasoning (polymerized oil) to make them rust resistant and non stick, the commercial flat tops are stainless and are run bare and scrapped clean.

I wouldn't use a grill stone on a blackstone you will remove your seasoning and your grill will rust and your food will stick.

28 minutes ago, jeffeg64 said:

The blackstone griddles are carbon steel and rely on a layer of seasoning (polymerized oil) to make them rust resistant and non stick, the commercial flat tops are stainless and are run bare and scrapped clean.

I wouldn't use a grill stone on a blackstone you will remove your seasoning and your grill will rust and your food will stick.

that is correct, should have said that myself!!  good call!!!