• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Use For A Hub Shell - Just The Shell?

Getanet

I have an insulated Eskimo Quickfish 3i, or maybe I should say had one. On my last ice fishing trip of the year some of the poles got tangled, and since it was getting later in the afternoon and I wasn't even set up yet, instead of taking my time, I did what any red-blooded American would do and pulled and swore and pulled even harder until I snapped one of the poles. I know those can be replaced, but this past weekend I was trying to get it set-up in my yard to find out what year mine was (2015 has different length poles than all other years) and low and behold it's really hard to get a hub set up when one of the poles is broken. So I wrestled around in my yard with it, broke a few more poles and gave it a few Hulk Hogan leg drops for good measure.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas for what you could do with a hub shell - or does anyone in the South Metro want an insulated hub shell?  The shell is fine, no rips or tears, maybe some dirt/mud on it from our wrestling match. Otherwise it's going in the trash.

Contact Eskimo, you may have a pop up with older hubs that need a change order. I had the larger 949I, 2013 version, where the poles failed to rotate in the hub during set-up or take-down causing the poles to break. Got worse in really cold temps. Eskimo sent hub update kits and new poles at no cost.