• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Are Your Favorite Turkey Calls?

rkhinrichs

woodhaven diaphragms definitely my favorites

copperhead, yellow venom, black venom, red wasp always in my call pouch

shot 3 toms using the new ninja hammer last spring, so it's my new favorite mouth call

i always have slate, glass and chrystal calls and a box in my vest, too

All my calls are the same old Primos gear I bought when I got in the sport like 25 years ago.  My acrylic slate is always the first one I start with.  It’s the one I have the most control with and can get the most variety of tones from.

My hinge box is my second favorite.  

I started with diaphragms and eventually learned to do pretty good without anything, just my own mouth calling.  But I didn’t realize how much I was practicing it or something else changed cuz I’m not good at it anymore.  I can still cluck and purr OK and throw out a good enough gobble but the bread and butter yelping with a couple cuts has MUCH work to be done!

Edited by Wanderer
Spell check

Primos has been my go too calls all my turkey hunting. Right now nothing to make me change. The raspier the better for the mouth calls and box. The heart breaker was the best small box call made in my mind even against custom calls. It was many call competitions against all box calls. I will not be in the woods without. They stopped making this call a few years ago not sure why but will bring back the last few years as a promotional with different things engraved on it.

Have a few different slates that will work in rain or dry (power  crystal) call has been good. Main calls are a handful of mouth calls with the box. Deep and raspy has been my best luck with getting hens or gobblers to respond. This time of year starting in NE the more aggressive the better from what I’ve been seeing over the years. My 2nd bird  I called in this year my mouth was so sore. Calling non-stop ,if the hen keeps going you need to keep going.  I pulled the birds off neighbors land and across a road to me . She came in looking to kick my butt. Was her mistake :) and the boys followed.

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg