• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

BunchOfish

Ice House Build

4 hours ago, BunchOfish said:

The opening for the cabinets are cut and the bottom bunk/table seats are all boxed in.  I just need to put the hinge on those are done.  I still need to put the center cap on the ceiling and put the clear coat on all the wood.

20190411_165821.jpg

What size T&G are you using? The cabinets look like 3/4, but it may just look that way due to the door framing.

1 minute ago, rl_sd said:

What size T&G are you using? The cabinets look like 3/4, but it may just look that way due to the door framing.

The T & G is all 3/4".  If I was going to do the whole house T & G then I would have use the 5/16" stuff.  Also I found much better boards using the 3/4" stuff and the cost wasn't that much more.

This weekend was spent getting the cabinets finished up and a couple coats of polyurethane on all the wood.  Very slow going but it needs to be done to protect all the wood.  

20190414_132304.jpg

20190414_132246.jpg

Progress was made today.  All the poly work is done except for the trim.  I got 2 sheets of the FRP up also.  Its a nice look.  I cant want to see it complete. 

20190415_134619.jpg

20190415_134626.jpg

All the FRP panelling is done.  It came out very nice.  Now all i need to do is finish the bunk and table and trim it out.  Im going to wait until late summer/fall before i install the carpet so that way it goes into next ice season fresh and new.

20190418_193601.jpg

20190418_193609.jpg

20190418_193620.jpg