• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Camping Trip Of The Year

Big Dave2

15 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

That heater must have been running nonstop?

It was over 50 degrees during the day so that helped but at night the furnace ran almost as long as it was off. We got there around 2:00 Friday and left by 10:00 am Sunday and we used about 30 lbs. of propane.

38 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

It was over 50 degrees during the day so that helped but at night the furnace ran almost as long as it was off. We got there around 2:00 Friday and left by 10:00 am Sunday and we used about 30 lbs. of propane.

That beer looks really good! Nothing like frosty beers. ?

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

sweet..........nuttin like going doing something your not really supposed to!!!!!!!

leech.......he camped on the couch!!!!!!!!!!!!?:rolleyes: wishin he was campin!!!!!!!

Yeah that would have been better then spending the last two weekends helping my son get is house ready to sell!  Couch this Pal! ?

45 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Opening up the Seasonal tomorrow afternoon.  Let the summer fun start!  ?

As always, praying for no roof leaks!  ? 

Have fun, heading north to switch the cabin from winter to summer.

How was cooking in the snow for you? I've always felt like it's a bit challenging. What was your go-to recipe on the trip? I was thinking about going on one myself and so far these recipes served me well but I don't know how they'll taste in the cold https://under-the-open-sky.com/five-great-food-ideas-for-your-outdoor-adventure/ If you have some advice to share, feel free to tell us. I doubt many people mastered cooking in the cold but the trip alone is, of course, a serious achievement. Well done.

Edited by WinnerDinner