• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Interesting Issue

I noticed on the way to work yesterday an interesting issue with my dashboard lights.  When driving the back light on my radio is on and the back light behind my dashboard display is off.  When I hit the brakes the lights alternate, my dashboard lights come on and my radio light goes off.  When I let off the brake they alternate back to radio light on dashboard light off.  Each time I hit my brakes they alternate. 

Any guesses as to a cause or culprit?

Its a 2006 Mazda 3 for reference. 

Forgot to post the results after checking out my lights.  All lights are working as they should except the small break light that is in the center of my trunk but that one has been out for quite awhile.  If I turn on my headlights then all of the backlights on the dashboard/radio turn on and stay on with no alternating or turning off when I hit my breaks.  If I leave my headlights off thats when i get the alternating back lights when hitting my brakes.  Not sure I want to dig too far into this unless it could be a symptom of a larger issue.  Its an old car with lots of creaks and rattles.  Some alternating lights just had some extra mood lighting.