• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer Dreaming....

they make a paint less dent puller. It is a pulling button that is glued on and used to pull the dent out. My son does body work and he was talking how well it works. It looks like it would help that dent but the top of it has a crease at the top.

So this last weekend I brought the truck in as It needed a oil change and tire rotation. Evything was perfect with that as well the inspection. So I wanted them to take a look at the parking break. Since I bought it it never worked. You could push it down and I could just feel a slight drag. I didn’t really worry about it much last summer beucase I never needed it. Well I’m planning on buying a boat this summer so it would probably be wise to have a working parking break. So after about 45 minutes I was informed that there was somthing missing. They asked me if I had installed nerf bars. I said no they were on when I got the truck. I asked why? Well he said and showed me a diagram and there’s a part missing on for sure the drivers side, on the side of the frame. It’s obvious that there was a part there and it was unbolted. I think he said it had somthing to do with the tension of the break cable. I’ve spent a few hours looking on line and can’t find this part. So this morning before I left home I looked underneath  and sure enough that part was gone and it was obvious it was unbolted. I didn’t look if the passenger side had that missing or not. For the life of me I can’t figure out who would disable and deactiveate a parking break JUST to have the look of nerf bars!? I made the decision that $65 to tell me this much was enough and I’ll just have to rely on the transmission and a few blocks of wood to chock the tires IF I buy a boat. He said it wouldn’t be possible to give me estimate of how much it would be to “ rebuild” the parking break system. I really do like the truck but with the parking break thing, screwed up trailer lights, junk shocks, and I’m pretty sure the water pump is going out. I’ll just drive it next winter and find something else next summer.