• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Auger Multi-task

Nuttinbittin

Thanks for the come back. I am using a gas auger now. If I were to get a elec I would want to use that huge battery for other applications. It may need a cigarette lighter port. So I could charge a phone, run a Vexilar or my portable led lights. 

Here you go. It's a bit spendy to do the extras other then just make holes though! ?

Jiffy E-6 Lightning Electric Ice Auger, 8"

by jiffy

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review

Price:$569.99 & FREE Shipping

Get $50 off instantly: Pay $519.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card.

E-Z starting with squeeze of the handle

Wide stand control handles ease fatigue

Reverse feature eliminates hole skimming

Integrated USB charging port for electronics

image.png.25ce8d26986b8d29b0bb552a318ef5b4.png

13 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Here you go. It's a bit spendy to do the extras other then just make holes though! ?

Jiffy E-6 Lightning Electric Ice Auger, 8"

by jiffy

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review

Price:$569.99 & FREE Shipping

Get $50 off instantly: Pay $519.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card.

E-Z starting with squeeze of the handle

Wide stand control handles ease fatigue

Reverse feature eliminates hole skimming

Integrated USB charging port for electronics

image.png.25ce8d26986b8d29b0bb552a318ef5b4.png

Looks like that one just has a USB port on it not a cigarette lighter type port, right?

30 minutes ago, Nuttinbittin said:

Thanks for the come back. I am using a gas auger now. If I were to get a elec I would want to use that huge battery for other applications. It may need a cigarette lighter port. So I could charge a phone, run a Vexilar or my portable led lights. 

I'm not sure why you would want to do that other than saving the weight or expense of having a second battery.

Just remember, the power in those batteries only last so long so the more you use, the faster it will run down. If you drill a bunch of holes plus use the battery for other 12 volt applications in the house, it may die sooner than you want it to.

Personally, I would stick with multiple batteries for different applications. 

Great info. I thought I saw that somewhere. So, calling all inventive minds together.. ... Take battery pak & plug it into a board with all the gizmos, gagets, inverters, transistors & diodes. Then jump your four wheeler, run all your electronics, fans, ligjts & power coolers, fans and aerators in the summer. 

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Looks like that one just has a USB port on it not a cigarette lighter type port, right?

Thats correct.  But cigarette lighter sockets as power sources are getting pretty outdated.  Even the car charger plug ins are just the terminal end that you plug a USB cord into.

The E6 Lightning is the first battery auger that has this feature and I’ll bet all others will follow suit.  The amount of power to charge things that run off USB is pretty minimal, including LED lights.  The E6 (6 Ah battery) is marketed as being able to drill 70 - 8” holes through 24” of ice on a charge.  If that stands to be true, I might be wantin’ one.

But even if I could make the power connection to a Vexilar, I doubt I’d take it that far.  6 Ah hours isn’t enough for a day on the ice for the Vex IMHO.

Edited by Wanderer

Have you looked into the Milwaukee power source? You could use the cordless drill and hand auger to cut holes and use the same batteries and the Milwaukee power source with the USB port?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Power-Source-Tool-Only-49-24-2371/203461325

75767C3C-5821-4951-B885-88216C1F2A1A.jpeg

Lots of ways to share battery power. Most ice fishing Electronics run on 12 VDC so in many cases you only need a specific cable from source to equipment or run direct as with my camera compas panner. If going to higher voltage batteries 24v, 40v etc. you need a regulator or converter to reduce voltage to 12 VDC. Cables are often hard to find so I build mine. I use the base LM317 regulator with a couple capacitors & resistors to get desired output volts from 1.25v to 37v. The 3.2v regulator bottom right runs my my camera

20190210_085410.thumb.jpg.adb72cd1d3797285e6dc184f80858dd4.jpg

25 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

The only thing is usb does put out enough power to make your led lights work. I am having my electrical engineering buddies check into making a usb to rum my leds and vexilar. 

USB cords and source are 5v at max 1.4A. Vex runs on 12v. Most LEDs are also 12v. May have extreme dificaulty to to get USB to 12v.