• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meateater

Big Dave2

I completely agree.  I found it on Netflix a few months ago and loved it.  I have since started listening to the Meat Eater podcast at work as well. 

It is by far the best outdoors show I've seen.  There is little if any product promotion which is refreshing.  At most you might catch the logo of something or someone may be wearing a hat with company logo but thats as far as it goes.  It really is about the sport of hunting and does a good job showing what hunting really is including sometimes going home and eating tag soup.  I also really appreciate that he frames hunting from a food perspective.  I think it does a lot to paint hunters in a better light to the non hunting majority compared to all the trophy hunters you see on most shows. 

If you listen to Steve Rinella's podcast or listen to any of the talks he gives at various events its also clear that we need more guys like him on our side.  If you haven't seen it before go on youtube and search Steve Rinella and vegan.  You should find a clip where a vegan with an agenda asks him some questions at an event.  Rinella's response and how he handles the situation is spot on.

Another decent show I found on youtube recently is Solo Hunter.  Its not as good as Meat Eater but its sort of in the same realm with minimal promotion outside of a brief segment showing sponsors.  During the actual hunt its all about the hunt.  The only issue is that the premise is a guy goes out hunting alone so he's hunting and filming everything himself.  You see more blown opportunities than anything and when he does shot something the camera doesn't always capture it as well since he has to set it all up himself and then take the shot.

34 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

It is by far the best outdoors show I've seen.  There is little if any product promotion which is refreshing.  At most you might catch the logo of something or someone may be wearing a hat with company logo but thats as far as it goes.  It really is about the sport of hunting and does a good job showing what hunting really is including sometimes going home and eating tag soup.  I also really appreciate that he frames hunting from a food perspective.  I think it does a lot to paint hunters in a better light to the non hunting majority compared to all the trophy hunters you see on most shows. 

I couldn't agree more.

I love Steve Rinella,

He's a true advocate for the American Outdoorsman, modern conservation and champion of hunting and fishing rights.  If you listen to his podcast you'll get a great and unbiased education on the history of Big Game hunting and conservation in America.  He also has his finger on the pulse of issues facing sportsman today and doesn't get pulled into the extreme political camps on either side. It's really refreshing to have someone in the middle have such an influential voice.  Wish there were more like him, Maybe someday he could be Secretary of the Interior.  

13 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

Another decent show I found on youtube recently is Solo Hunter.  

So much quality hunting and fishing content on YouTube. It’s endless! If you haven’t discovered them yet, The Hunting Public is one of the best, and combined with The Hunting Beast, both will completely change your strategies and perspectives on chasing whitetails. Then there is HUSHin, Born and Raised Outdoors, Randy Newberg, just to name a few, to scratch the western hunting itch. 

21 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

If you haven't seen it before go on youtube and search Steve Rinella and vegan.  You should find a clip where a vegan with an agenda asks him some questions at an event.  Rinella's response and how he handles the situation is spot on.

Had to check that one out.  Yep!  That could pass as a Unified Statement from meat eating hunters to Vegans and anti hunters.  I also watched the clip from UW Madison.  

As as a Sportsman you just gotta automatically like the guy.  I’ll be sure to tune in more.  Thanks for the heads up guys!

Vegans don't bother me.  If that's your thing, whatever.  I can respect it.  I don't think there's really an argument to be won.  Just a different way of doing things.

It's the meat eaters that talk about how cruel hunting is that make me roll my eyes.  Cuz I guarantee that Tom turkey I cruelly shot in the face had a better life and a more humane death than the Butterball you had for Thanksgiving and didn't think about because you've completely detached yourself from the reality of how it ended up at the grocery store.

Edited by bobbymalone

Danish doctor warns: Vegan food may lead to mental retardation

By EMMA R.  7 December 2018

Chief physician Allan M. Lund at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen warns that vegan food can have severe consequences, such as epilepsy and ultimately developmental disorders.

In Denmark, there is now a debate about the suitability of an increasing number of families giving their children only vegan food. Critics are opposed to scrapping all animal products in small children’s diet.

The problem is that poor food, which for example requires the addition of vitamin B12, can have serious consequences for children. And as a result several children on a vegan diet have been treated at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

“Such a diet may involve developing different brain symptoms. With muscle weakness, poor contact and epilepsy. And in the long term mental retardation”, says chief physician Allan M. Lund to TV4.

According to Lund, one should not completely remove meat, eggs and dairy products from small children’s diet without first consulting with a dietician.

In addition to developmental disorders, it can also cause nutritional deficiencies.