• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sunset Lodge

1.31.19 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report, Nw Angle Of Low

Hi from the NW Angle!

In Minnesota, Sauger action remains strong. Houses in 26-29ft continue to produce throughout recent cold snap.  The Walleye harvest was good during the last period of stable weather. Recently the dead-stick has out produced jigging, however rattle baits are still effective.
Canadian crappie fishing was good last week with multiple groups limiting out while fishing holes 30-34 ft. 

Stay warm!

Sunset Lodge

image3.jpeg

20190121_201716.jpg

image1.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• All you guys still don't get it.   I didn't explain it well enough.    There are three batteries, each can hold 80 Amp hours.      When the 24 volt motor is in use, two of the batteries use some of their capacity, equal for each battery.   So let's say you use 10 amps for two hours.   Now you have two batteries with 60 and one with 80.   Run all three (36 volt motor) for 6 hours at 10 and two batteries will be totally discharged and one will still have some charge.   Any further current draw will potentially damage the two batteries that are totally discharged.      Of course the 36 volt motor will probably quit working as soon as two of the batteries are flat, but the concern is there.
    • pulled the sled out, turned the key after putting in fresh gas, and it fired up spot on. seems to want to go, as it jumped at a little throttle, bring on the snow, its ready.
    • Del is correct 3ea 12v batteries in series are required to get 36v. 2 in series to get 24v and each battery 12v. You can connect a + and - wire to each individual battery, while wired in series, and run 3 separate 12v isolated devices. A + and - to either of 2 in series gives you 24v.   You NEED a "3 bank marine charger" which has 3+ and 3- charging wires which charges the 3 batteries independent of each battery. When one battery reaches full charge, that bank shuts off other 2 banks continue to charge until respective batteries are fully charged. Batteries will not overcharge.    You can run both 36v and 24v motors on a 3 in series batteries but DON'T run both at the same time. Current draw on the 2 24v batteries will greatly reduce battery life and under serve current on the 36v motor.   Best solution is separate battery banks and chargers for each motor and a separate 12v for starting motor and running 12v electronics.    Suggestion, carry a set of jumper cables long enough to reach from the battery bank to your primary motor battery. If your starter battery dies 5 miles off shore, just jumper to any one of the trolling motor batteries to start your engine.
    • Well that game went about as expected. Was worse for me, because my directv went out, so I had to listen to the game. Couple plays I wish they would have done differently...go for the touchdown at the end of the first half, instead of field goal. And when it was 4th down midway through the 4th quarter, they should have kicked the field goal instead of going for it. Was fun having a top ten ranking while it lasted. That loss guaranteed gameday won’t be here for Wisconsin game.
    • You definitely want a salt shield as it will keep SOME slush gravel  etc off of the sleds but plenty still comes over so you want to have a quality cover on your sled to
    • I have wondered what happens to those mallards that the kids feed bread to all summer on Vermilion when duck season starts...  Summer... walk out on the dock and here they come....  Fall ????