• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wakeboard Boats And Zebs

Tom7227

I have been preaching this to the AIS people at the launches forever!  The dumbest system for prevention ever!!  Between the wake boats, and the way they clean boats EXITING an "invasive free" lake instead of before they launch has been 2 reasons I hate stopping to let them even check my boat!  So frustrating, when you are conscience of the fact of AIS, so you do things to prevent the issue such as bringing your bait in a controlled cooler with aerator, and the goof at the landing says "dump the water" and you watch a wake boat launch knowing 100% they have water in their tanks from the last lake they partied at is a system they need to resolve ASAP!!!!!   Glad research has proved what my uneducated brain has known for many years!!!  How hard is it to figure out that a boat that intakes hundreds of gallons of water and cannot empty completely is the major problem when basically many of our invasives came by way of ships emptying their ballast tanks in the great lakes!

On 1/29/2019 at 9:45 AM, ozzie said:

many of our invasives came by way of ships emptying their ballast tanks in the great lakes!

And the Coasties did nothing to stop them even after they recognized the problem....  It's all about the Benjamins baby, to quote a famous legislator.