• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tacklejunkie

Am I Alone Or.....

are there others who are chomping at the bit to hit open water again? It looks like I'll be stuck inside for the next week but have found myself watching open water fishing videos and have started inventorying my Lake Superior gear. I'm in for a long several months

I've done the LOTW trip and I have a Gulf trip and a St Croix ice trip but  boy, I sure want open water to come and come quick

I'm not ready yet, but next week's negative high temperatures is probably going to help me be over the whole winter thing.

Headed to the Croix for some dinosaur fishing?

I think it kind of suks that the Outdoor shows are like department stores and start pushing summer fishing and products on us before the winter is even over. 😕

When I can't make it out Ice fishing I would at least like to watch some during the Ice Season! 🤨

21 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I think it kind of suks that the Outdoor shows are like department stores and start pushing summer fishing and products on us before the winter is even over. 😕

When I can't make it out Ice fishing I would at least like to watch some during the Ice Season! 🤨

well get that cutting board done and go ice fishing!!!!!!:P

i'm not ready for open water yet....need more ice time. i am however tired of this artic chill!

5 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Headed to the Croix for some dinosaur fishing?

Not sure what we'll be going after. I'm more of a tag a long but I guess anything that bites

Oh, it sounded like a destination thing and IMO there's only thing in the Croix you can't get pretty much anywhere else.  It is a good fishery for any number of things though.

But maaaan, it can be a boring night fishing off the bottom in an ice shack for sturgeon.

Edited by bobbymalone

7 hours ago, tacklejunkie said:

are there others who are chomping at the bit to hit open water again? It looks like I'll be stuck inside for the next week but have found myself watching open water fishing videos and have started inventorying my Lake Superior gear. I'm in for a long several months

Most of my teenage and adult life I have loved winter. Snowmobiling and Ice fishing used to be two of my favorite activities of all time but as I get older and since I had some health issues a few years ago, I am liking winter less and less. 

We also parked our camper on a seasonal site up north last summer so we are really missing that experience and that makes me want winter to be over fast.

Well if no one has checked the forecast for about the next 9-10 days it sounds like she's going under tonight and not coming up above -0.  Next Tue is suppose to be -20 below and Wed night -22 below and that's for the cities!  Brainerd is suppose to be -24 & -26 those two days. That is a bit Nippily even for a winter lover like me!  😯

Edited by leech~~

Just getting nice out, I can deal with cold better then heat. Keep the ice fishing around as long as we can. I was fishing into april just north of the metro last spring. Older I get the more I like having winter around.

Couple more trips to Red and just local fishing left. Devils in March still .

I will take the cold and snow while fishing on the lake over having to deal with mosquitoes, jet skis and wake board boats on the water any day. 

With this bitter cold weather coming, I just keep repeating, its not the heat its the humidity lol 😋

2 hours ago, Duffman said:

Getting a taste this week. Nothing too serious, but it's nice to be casting again. It looks like a good week to be hanging out in the Conch graveyard here in Aruba vs upnorth.

:)

20190211_140048.jpg

You Suk!  😄

9 hours ago, tacklejunkie said:

I haven’t been out on the ice for a while but I’ve heard that the ice is really bad due to all the snow now 

I never made it out onto the ice yet this year. 😥

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

I never made it out onto the ice yet this year. 😥

well I've seen ya fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😂🤣

sorry leech dared me!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the St Croix thing and LOTW and a few local lakes but with all the snow, I'm done fishing till open water. Plus, the walleye season should be closing here soon