• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I Alone Or.....

tacklejunkie

are there others who are chomping at the bit to hit open water again? It looks like I'll be stuck inside for the next week but have found myself watching open water fishing videos and have started inventorying my Lake Superior gear. I'm in for a long several months

I think it kind of suks that the Outdoor shows are like department stores and start pushing summer fishing and products on us before the winter is even over. ?

When I can't make it out Ice fishing I would at least like to watch some during the Ice Season! ?

21 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I think it kind of suks that the Outdoor shows are like department stores and start pushing summer fishing and products on us before the winter is even over. ?

When I can't make it out Ice fishing I would at least like to watch some during the Ice Season! ?

well get that cutting board done and go ice fishing!!!!!!:P

i'm not ready for open water yet....need more ice time. i am however tired of this artic chill!

Oh, it sounded like a destination thing and IMO there's only thing in the Croix you can't get pretty much anywhere else.  It is a good fishery for any number of things though.

But maaaan, it can be a boring night fishing off the bottom in an ice shack for sturgeon.

Edited by bobbymalone

7 hours ago, tacklejunkie said:

are there others who are chomping at the bit to hit open water again? It looks like I'll be stuck inside for the next week but have found myself watching open water fishing videos and have started inventorying my Lake Superior gear. I'm in for a long several months

Most of my teenage and adult life I have loved winter. Snowmobiling and Ice fishing used to be two of my favorite activities of all time but as I get older and since I had some health issues a few years ago, I am liking winter less and less. 

We also parked our camper on a seasonal site up north last summer so we are really missing that experience and that makes me want winter to be over fast.

Well if no one has checked the forecast for about the next 9-10 days it sounds like she's going under tonight and not coming up above -0.  Next Tue is suppose to be -20 below and Wed night -22 below and that's for the cities!  Brainerd is suppose to be -24 & -26 those two days. That is a bit Nippily even for a winter lover like me!  ?

Edited by leech~~

Just getting nice out, I can deal with cold better then heat. Keep the ice fishing around as long as we can. I was fishing into april just north of the metro last spring. Older I get the more I like having winter around.

Couple more trips to Red and just local fishing left. Devils in March still .

put my ice gear away yesterday. Was a horrible hard water season for me. I spent most of early ice pheasant hunting and not taking advantage of good ice and lake access. Then when we had great ice we got a ton of snow and wind and pretty much made any fishing impossible unless you had a sled or tracked vehicle. Definitely regret not getting out more during first ice.

I was holding out hope too for some more ice time but also pulled everything out in the driveway yesterday to dry, clean and wrap up for the summer storage season.

Now waiting patiently for the river to open.  Well, not waiting really, cramming as much honey do’s in as possible before they turn back into honey still needs to do it.

I'm gonna give the ice one more shot this upcoming weekend and see if I can ice a laker.

Didn't stare down a hole all that much this winter, oh well, the older I get, the less ambitious I get with deep snow and brisk temps.

Having said that, bring on the open water.

Bought a new baitcaster and a bunch of tackle recently for this summer.

Anxious to give it a go.

The boat's ready for the year, surprisingly cleaned it up last fall.

The canoe needs a new sticker.

But I'll probably do some shore fishing of streams and rivers before they see some use.

33 minutes ago, Duffman said:

I'm gonna give the ice one more shot this upcoming weekend and see if I can ice a laker.

Didn't stare down a hole all that much this winter, oh well, the older I get, the less ambitious I get with deep snow and brisk temps.

Having said that, bring on the open water.

Bought a new baitcaster and a bunch of tackle recently for this summer.

Anxious to give it a go.

The boat's ready for the year, surprisingly cleaned it up last fall.

The canoe needs a new sticker.

But I'll probably do some shore fishing of streams and rivers before they see some use.

Where might you be going to try for Lakers?  I was thinking of heading to the Northshore but not sure how the ice will be holding up by next weekend?