• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

leech~~

Large Pullout Cutting Board Replacement?

Where in the heck can I find a replacement pullout kitchen cutting board that is 24"L X 21 7/8" W X 5/8" thick in the northern burbs?  

I'm sure it will have to be custom made and No I don't have the tools to make my own. If I made it, it would be a chunk of 5/8" plywood and my wife an't going for that! 😠

May be the PFloyd can make one for wood cost for a buddy?  😋 

3 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Is there no way to make a 3/4” cutting board work? They are readily available. 

Yeah I have saw some at 3/4" but this in an older home so it's only 5/8" for some reason? 😟

48 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm sure Purple will give you a deal but if not, you can always come over to my garage on a Saturday and we can put one together. 

Thanks for the offer Dave.  I'm sure that I can order one on line, but thought I would see what the Pro's thought first.  No idea what the costs of a hardwood custom bread or cutting board that size would be?

What kind of wood are you going to make it out  of?  If you go to your local High school and  talk nice to the I.A instructor I would say they would get it done for you rather quickly, just for the price of the wood.

Stuff like that is done all the time in my district.

3 minutes ago, Juneau4 said:

What kind of wood are you going to make it out  of?  If you go to your local High school and  talk nice to the I.A instructor I would say they would get it done for you rather quickly, just for the price of the wood.

Stuff like that is done all the time in my district.

Hardwood lam I would guess?  I'm just a 2X4 guy! 😏 

Edited by leech~~

If you can get a 3/4" solid cutting board in the wood you want,  just have it surfaced down to 5/8".

8 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yeah I have saw some at 3/4" but this in an older home so it's only 5/8" for some reason? 😟

Tear the house down and start over from scratch doing it right this time. 😁

i rarely do do cutting boards any more to be honest. Probably did maybe 1 in a kitchen in the last 3 years.

besides, all the cool kids have these now lol.

087D4028-8228-4207-986E-3D52E3568BC9.jpeg

10 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yes, but will 3/4" fit?

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Yes, but will 3/4" fit?

No the gap in the cabinet is 5/8" as well. 

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

No the gap in the cabinet is 5/8" as well. 

Shim up the countertops.

Buy a 3/4" cutting board and run it to a local cabinet shop and have them run it through the sander until it's 5/8". If you weren't so far away you could stop by here and do it

3 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Shim up the countertops.

Buy a 3/4" cutting board and run it to a local cabinet shop and have them run it through the sander until it's 5/8". If you weren't so far away you could stop by here and do it

Shim up all the counter tops?  I think shes just getting a chunk of 5/8" plywood before I did that! 😁

50 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Shim up the countertops.

Come on Purple, I'm sure you have lots of scrap wood, glue, clamps and a time saver sander. Just glue one up for him and UPS or Spee Dee it to him. I thought Christians would help one another out?

My offer still stands Leech. We could make something up in my little wood shop but to achieve the 5/8" thickness we would have to take it to someone else's shop any way unless after ripping the boards we ran them through the table saw on end with the blade as high as it will go to just over 5/8" so we could sand it down the rest of the way with my belt sander after gluing.

Supply and demand I guess.  If you can't get it anywhere else its probably going to cost you. 

Wonder what a local cabinet maker or wood worker would charge for something like that?

9 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I rarely do do cutting boards any more to be honest. Probably did maybe 1 in a kitchen in the last 3 years.

I just painted both edges of mine white, and I was thinking......."This thing hasn't even been used in at least 15-20 years."

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Come on Purple, I'm sure you have lots of scrap wood, glue, clamps and a time saver sander. Just glue one up for him and UPS or Spee Dee it to him. I thought Christians would help one another out?

My offer still stands Leech. We could make something up in my little wood shop but to achieve the 5/8" thickness we would have to take it to someone else's shop any way unless after ripping the boards we ran them through the table saw on end with the blade as high as it will go to just over 5/8" so we could sand it down the rest of the way with my belt sander after gluing.

I donate all my scrap lumber to an alternative school where the kids use it to make projects. 😇

if if he decided to make the trek south I could help him out

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Thanks, I'll let the boss know and if she wants to spend the cash?  

I don't know if you are on Facebook but when I do a search of "cutting board" on Facebook Marketplace there are lots of people selling really nice looking cutting boards all over the metro. I'm certain if you look around you can find someone willing to build this for you for much less than the going rate.

8 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Shims are cheap

Shim this pal! ✊    I an't doing that. I'll get one I can just shove in the hole and call it good!  😄

35 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Shim this pal! ✊    I an't doing that. I'll get one I can just shove in the hole and call it good!  😄

Make sure you oil it first 🙀