• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Z51 Viper

Elarson2007

Question

Hey, i have a z51 8inch eskimo and worked awesome until i was fishing LOW last year in -40, it was hard to start and i didn't let it warm up before trying to drill holes, now it will not cut a hole, runs great but under a load theres nothing, any ideas? This was brand new, probably hasnt drilled 12 holes! 

Edited by Elarson2007
Added

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Elarson2007 said:

Hey, i have a z51 8inch eskimo and worked awesome until i was fishing LOW last year in -40, it was hard to start and i didn't let it warm up before trying to drill holes, now it will not cut a hole, runs great but under a load theres nothing, any ideas? This was brand new, probably hasnt drilled 12 holes! 

You said the motor is running great? When trying to drill holes under load is the motor bogging down or still reving high?

If the motor is reving high then you may have to check the clutch out to see if it got oiled down in storage, slipping or a spring broke?

If it's not reving up high enough to engage the clutch the carb probably got tarnished with old gas and needs cleaning like others have said. Let us know what you find out.  Good Luck and Welcome to the forum.

I would call Eskimo It has a five year warranty. You need to register it for them to check if it is still under warranty.

I broke my recoil when it was cold out over the new year. I called them on Wednesday and talked to them about what had happened and I had a new one by Friday.