• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2019 Twins

JBMasterAngler

Time to get some guys rested and healthy. Looks like we will be taking on the Yankees in the ALDS. Would love to see the Twins finally get past the first round and I think their chances are better going up against the Yankees than Houston. I think the Twins have the offense to put up runs but I don't have any confidence in any of our starters right now. 

I still want to see them go for the home run record. I know its somewhat meaningless but since we are competing with the Yankees for the record I would like to see them keep hitting some bombas

We bought tickets for the Kansas City games this weekend a long time ago, meeting a large group of family on Friday and will make a long weekend of it and come back Monday. Now debating to drive up for a ALDS game also on the 7th. I told the wife lets skip the ALDS but if they make the ALCS then I would splurge and get tickets for that instead.

Somebody pinch me, the Twins will be playing meaningful baseball in October!

12 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Somebody pinch me, the Twins will be playing meaningful baseball in October!

I'd love to be listening to the Twins on the radio a couple weeks from now while sitting around the campfire eating some fresh walleye.

I'd also like to see them with 100 wins and the HR record.

And I agree, bring on the Yanks!

All season this team seemed to bounce back from a loss. Only one 4 game losing streak, and 9 two game losing streaks. That's it.

Time to be sharp and cut out the mental mistakes.

Even the little ones.

Bring it back here all tied up boys!

*fingers crossed*

55 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Some things just never change. Death. Taxes. And the twins losing to the Yankees! 

It was a fun season. We’ll see what happens next year.

What? It ain't over yet. All they have to do is win three in a row. Come on don't give up they could do it. I was there at game seven when neighborhood hero Jack Morris went 10 innings to win game seven!

Just win tomorrow and end the fricken streak please.

Two things........

Pitching has always been suspect.

The team has talent yet lacks some mojo.

I've watched too much sports to think that the series is over.

That big boned lady has yet to even hit tomorrow's buffet.

I'm pretty disappointed!  We had the best record we have ever had.  Hit the most homeruns ever hit in major league history.  Our stats were basically even with the Yankees except they made us look like a minor league team out there.  I'm blaming a big part of this on pitching.  Like I said 2 months ago, if they wanted to go deep this year then they should have spent some money on pitching.  Pitching is a major issue with this team and has been for a long time.

Even absolutely terrible teams win about 3 out of every 10 games.  The best teams win about 7 of 10.  There is so much random in baseball that's just how it works.  You win some you lose some.

What is it now?  0 and 16 against the Yankees?  

Such a disappointment.

At least my Cardinals are still in it.

2 hours ago, BunchOfish said:

I'm blaming a big part of this on pitching.  Like I said 2 months ago, if they wanted to go deep this year then they should have spent some money on pitching.  Pitching is a major issue with this team and has been for a long time.

Sure, but they were 3 for 28 with RiSP and left 25 stranded.

38 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I was up north and didn't get to see the first 2 games of this series so my question is, why on earth did Dobnak start game 2? 

Lack of options?  

They had 2 guys that could maybe compete with the Yankees, Berrios and Odorizzi.  Berrios couldn't get it done in game 1 and maybe they were thinking instead of wasting Odorizzi for game 2 on the road in NY where its going to be hard to win no matter what they figured they'd take their shot with Dobnak and hope to get lucky by out scoring the Yankees and then hope Odorizzi could shut the yankees down in game 3 back home.   Obviously it didn't work but I'm guessing it wasn't going to matter much either way.  The Twins were outmatched in every single part of the game.  

Unless we can seriously beef up our rotation and bullpen I'm guessing we regress back toward being an 85-90 win team next season.  Thats probably where we would have been if we didn't catch lightning in a bottle with all of the homers this season. 

Garver and Max looked like they were nowhere up to speed after their injuries.

Crohn as well.

Eddie needs to earn the chant.

Sano is getting better at recognizing breaking balls, but still has a long ways to go.

Buxton instead of Cave would have made a difference.

Like I said earlier and it was so obvious that even the announcers pointed it out last night.......no mojo.

*sigh*

Thanks for an entertaining summer though, it was fun to be a fan.

Arraez is the real deal, looking forward to the numbers he might put up in a full season.

Hope the other young guys continue to grow.

Also, let's hope we have another lucky off season acquisition streak.

This time in the pitching realm.

We will be battling for the Central again next year.

3 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Sure, but they were 3 for 28 with RiSP and left 25 stranded.

That's a sign of young ball players not ready for big games and big situations. Hopefully a good growing opportunity and they can learn from the experience and its not a problem the next post season.

I attended the game last night, really wanted to experience a good atmosphere with a sellout crowd into the game. It was no where near that. Way too quiet for what a playoff game should deliver. Bases loaded and the lack of interest or enthusiasm wasn't there at all. Granted the team didn't give them much to cheer for but I left disappointed I expected better.

It was a fun year, totally exceeded my expectations but that's a hard way to end the season for sure.

Lots of good to look for in 2020:

- hopefully a healthy Buxton

- Arraez huge surprise

- could see debut of Kirilloff and Lewis

- Graterol in starting rotation

- Polonco, Kepler and Garver upcoming all stars

- Cruz back

- Sano back and putting together a complete season

For sure Cron, Schoop, Castro, Odo, and Gibson will be gone. Will be interesting to see what happens with Rosario.

I think bullpen is serviceable but would like to see some pitching moves happen in the offseason for starters and relievers.