• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2019 Twins

JBMasterAngler

On 6/6/2019 at 11:55 AM, Duffman said:

Two losses in a row, they are done.

Bring on Vikings training camp!

:D

6-4 on their toughest road trip of the season so far, not too bad?  Glad to see Garver & Cruz back as well.

I say give Sano this series against KC and their AAA pitching, if he cant get it together at the plate send him down. This team is too deep on hitters to keep him in the games.  Kepler was able to get out of his slump recently hopefully the bats start picking back up for everyone. I think when they are scoring runs it takes a lot of pressure off the pitchers.

I dont want them to panic or start playing not to lose but would be great to see them make some trades to strengthen up the bullpen.

I agree about Sano, looks like he is slipping back to his old habits after looking decent when he first came back.

They have been suffering from lack of timely hits, something that was going so well for so long.

Still entertaining to watch, and with the long ball always in play, you just never know when they are truly out of a game.

The All Star break might be something they need right now to get back into the groove.

Usually a series against the royals is what a team needs to get back into a groove. Indians are playing better lately. I sure hope this isn’t 2001 all over again. 

I heard they were interested in Bumgarner. I hope we pass on that, as I just don’t think he has his stuff anymore. I think a solid closer would be more important than a starter.

Was thinking the same on Sano, he's been looking awful. Then he homers to start the 8th inning rally last night, go figure. Like Morris has been saying on the telecasts, it looks like he's not picking up the spin on the curves, kind of normal for him, but he hasn't been able to catch up to the fastballs either, which he normally crushes. Maybe it only takes 1 dinger for him to come out of it. Hope so!

What do you know 2 games in a row for Sano. Cron too, he's been the steadiest with the bat lately IMO. Thought I seen something about them getting a pitcher that the Angels let go. I'd love to see them pick up another lefty for the bullpen as well.

And after Oakland its the Yankees! After this Mets series they must have a thing for being intimidated by NY logos on hats.

Wish we could get Buxton back but looks like he will be out for a bit now. I think he brings a lot of energy in the field and on the basepaths. Would like to see him pick it up at the plate more but he certainly brings an edge to the team that I think the other players feed off of.

Early on the team was deep and with a big division lead you could afford to shuffle out players and let the starters rest and heal. And those players were all stepping up. Now the lead is almost gone and injuries are piling up.

Lots of errors and un-earned runs have been ugly lately. We have seen Baldelli stay pretty composed so far this year. I will be curious to see what will cause him to snap or how he will handle all of this from a managing aspect. 

Still a lot of games left which I am not sure if that is good or bad lol. I hope they make some moves but also dont want them to give anything up.

I see Eddie made up for his dropped fly ball the night before, his HR last night really picked 'em up. Best effort of the season from Gibson IMO.  Garver, Cron, & Rogers all had good games too. Still 2 early errors & that's starting to bug me, need to get that out of their system. 

So close to being a 5-2 homestand vs the actual 3-4 record.

Oh well, that's baseball for ya.

I think they have finally realized that they can hold their own against the Yanks......I hope so at least.

Cleveland will hopefully come back down to earth once they start playing some better teams.

It's been entertaining, that's for sure.

I still think we will be playing in October at this point.