• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

2019 Twins

Twins added some power to their lineup today, signing Nelson Cruz to a 1 year deal.  I like it! His presence should help Tyler Austin get some good at bats also. And if Sano can figure things out, Twins could be a legitimate power hitting team.

they also added a player that is very influential to Sano. He is good friends and a roll model to him. They grew up in the same town in the Dominican and Cruz took interest in Sano when he first started in the Twins academe. 

I like the Cruz signing but I'm also worried he might get "Twined".  We've got a long history of signing aging players with some power only to find out that we signed them a year too late as they usually start their decline as soon as we get them.  

From a production stand point I do worry about Cruz since his average dropped 30 points last year.  Hopefully that was a fluke but at his age its hard to imagine it will rebound too much.

I do like the idea of bringing in someone that can help get through to Sano so even if Cruz hits .240 with 20 hrs it could still be worth the expense if he get help get Sano back up to where he should be. 

Even if Cruz only bats .240, that’s still a significant upgrade from Logan Morrison! Speaking of which, I already assumed, but twins did decline his 2nd year option, right? We need a bonified lead off hitter now. Unfortunately, I just don’t ever envision Buxton ever hitting good enough to get that spot. 

Not sure what to make of this signing yet, just seems like the typical “has been” Twins signing a guy on the end of his career.

with that said he does come across as a guy that can be a clubhouse leader and that’s exactly what the Twins need and have lacked since Hunter retired.

also this,  Home runs last 5 seasons:

Nelson Cruz 203

Twins DHs 97