• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2019 Twins

JBMasterAngler

I like the Cruz signing but I'm also worried he might get "Twined".  We've got a long history of signing aging players with some power only to find out that we signed them a year too late as they usually start their decline as soon as we get them.  

From a production stand point I do worry about Cruz since his average dropped 30 points last year.  Hopefully that was a fluke but at his age its hard to imagine it will rebound too much.

I do like the idea of bringing in someone that can help get through to Sano so even if Cruz hits .240 with 20 hrs it could still be worth the expense if he get help get Sano back up to where he should be. 

Even if Cruz only bats .240, that’s still a significant upgrade from Logan Morrison! Speaking of which, I already assumed, but twins did decline his 2nd year option, right? We need a bonified lead off hitter now. Unfortunately, I just don’t ever envision Buxton ever hitting good enough to get that spot. 

Not sure what to make of this signing yet, just seems like the typical “has been” Twins signing a guy on the end of his career.

with that said he does come across as a guy that can be a clubhouse leader and that’s exactly what the Twins need and have lacked since Hunter retired.

also this,  Home runs last 5 seasons:

Nelson Cruz 203

Twins DHs 97

2 exciting wins at KC! Baldelli needs to do whatever it takes to get Astudillo in the lineup everyday! He is so fun to watch at the plate. He’s sure to be a fan favorite. Hopefully they can figure out the lead off situation. I don’t like Kepler in that spot. Maybe Polanco for the time being? Maybe, just maybe Buxton will earn his way back to that spot. Regardless, great start to the season!

13 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

2 exciting wins at KC! Baldelli needs to do whatever it takes to get Astudillo in the lineup everyday! He is so fun to watch at the plate. He’s sure to be a fan favorite. Hopefully they can figure out the lead off situation. I don’t like Kepler in that spot. Maybe Polanco for the time being? Maybe, just maybe Buxton will earn his way back to that spot. Regardless, great start to the season!

Agreed.  Seems like Kepler is more of a 5-7 slot hitter.  If Buxton could live up to the hype, having him lead off would be great with the rest of this lineup.  Ricky Henderson like.  Little bit of power and a lot of speed.

Tough game, but they will have their share of those.

Ran downstairs last night just in time to see the cycle completed.

Pretty cool.

I listened to last weekends games while watching tip ups up in the Bdub.

(How Minnesotan is that?)  :)

I think it will be a good possibility that I might be listening to them again in canoe country come October.

I think listening to twins games while ice fishing will become much more common, since the players union and league agreed to start the season 1 week sooner. I don’t like it, but oh well. All I seen on opening weekend was empty stadiums across the league. Nobody wants to go to games when it’s still 35 degrees out! Not to mention March madness is still going on. Anyway, that’s a whole different topic. I’m glad baseball season is here. My favorite sport to watch/listen.

decent crowd today for a day game midweek. They are putting up some runs today also, been a fun game to follow.

I would never cheer an injury, but Kluber going down for Cleveland is pretty significant in terms of the AL central race.

Gibson has yet to look confident. It would be nice to see the moxie that some of teammates have rub off on him.  It will be interesting once Sano returns, hopefully he can put the bat on the ball like the rest of the team.

Just keep me entertained boys, the boys of winter (Wolves & Wild) failed to do so.

Garver got lucky on that busted bat to the neck last night. That thing rotates to a different angle and trajectory things could have been much worse.

We are heading up to some games this weekend. My wife wants to spend mothers day at the game so there wont be complaining on my part lol

Gibson's best effort, 2 hits & 11 K's, by far last night. His stuff was moving all over the place, good control too with only 1 BB. They had the bats going as well with Cruz being the only starter to not get a hit.? 

Edited by gunner55