• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Movie The Vice.

leech~~

May be this should have went to Silly town? It could get silly? ?

Ok the preview on TV shows Cheney sitting in a SUV when he lets off the shot to Harry Whittington but all accounts of it was they were in the field Quail hunting. Which was it?

I would think if the writer went off on a falsehood they could be held for Liable. 

image.png.d71e08b3a7680773d3b6bdea3826a5b9.png

I'm just really interested to know if they are going to portray him as just shooting the guy in the face while sitting in the SUV. I'm not sure how that wouldn't start a big pile of craap flying since they all said it was an accident in the field.

15 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I'm just really interested to know if they are going to portray him as just shooting the guy in the face while sitting in the SUV. I'm not sure how that wouldn't start a big pile of craap flying since they all said it was an accident in the field.

I'm guessing there is a lot more to the movie than just that one scene........

Me? I'd rather go see Clint Eastwood's The Mule.

Edited by Big Dave2

The Lawyer Dick Cheney Shot in the Face Says He’s Definitely Going to See ‘Vice’

Harry Whittington told the Daily Mail that he doesn't expect the scene showing his shooting to be accurate.

Zack Sharf

Dec 20, 2018 11:55 am

With Christian Bale and Amy Adams front and center, plus six Golden Globe nominations, “Vice” is expected to bring in quite the crowd when it opens in theaters Christmas Day, and one person who will definitely be buying a movie ticket is Harry Whittington. The 91-year-old former lawyer was 78 when he got shot in the face by Vice President Dick Cheney during a 2006 quail hunt in Riviera, Texas.

“I’m planning to watch it and some of my daughters have talked about going to see it after watching the trailer,” Whittington told the Daily Mail. “I told them I would go with them. We don’t know much about the film and have not been contacted by the producers. The trailer is not exactly what happened and there was no automobile involved.”

Read More:Here’s the ‘Incredible’ Christian Bale-Steve Carell Musical Number Adam McKay Cut From ‘Vice’

The official “Vice” trailer includes a brief scene of Bale’s Cheney sitting in a car and accidentally firing his weapon. The actual incident, dubbed “Quailgate” by the media, occurred on February 11, 2006. Cheney allegedly fired at what he thought was a bird in the sky but ended up shooting 150 birdshot pellets at Whittington.

“We were behind some bird dogs and were walking along, the Vice President was off to my left side,” Whittington recalled of the accident. “I saw him swing his gun toward a bird which flew up. I remember that motion and then smelling the gunpowder. I woke up and I was in an ambulance on the way to hospital.”

Whittington had to have surgery to remove the pellets from his face and body. The lawyer also suffered a heart attack because of the lead that found its way into his blood vessels.

“I still have a few pellets in my body but they are not causing any problems,” Whittington added. “I have no hard feelings toward the Vice President. It was 12 years ago but it’s one of those stories that doesn’t go away. I had been hunting for 50 years before this happened and it was an accident, I can see how it can happen.”

“Vice,” directed by Adam McKay, opens in theaters December 25 via Annapurna Pictures.

I saw the movie. Honestly I think it was terribly written and came off as being a total smear on Cheney. It also seemed to be a sequel to the Dubya movie. They portrayed Cheney as somewhat of a bumbling fool with little to nothing to say throughout the majority of the movie.

If this is the best the left can come up with, just wait until the 3rd rendition comes out about Trump.

Edited by Dave S

41 minutes ago, Dave S said:

I saw the movie. Honestly I think it was terribly written and came off as being a total smear on Cheney. It also seemed to be a sequel to the Dubya movie. They portrayed Cheney as somewhat of a bumbling fool with little to nothing to say throughout the majority of the movie.

If this is the best the left can come up with, just wait until the 3rd rendition comes out about Trump.

Thanks for the review.

How did they portray the shooting?  Was he sitting in a SUV or out in the field as was reported at the time?

7 hours ago, Dave S said:

Leech,

He was sitting in an SUV with the door open. It was only short blurb of the incident. They then cut to Whittington apologizing for the incident.

I guess that is my point of this thread, that the writer-producer of the movie should be sued for slander if the shooting was an accident in the field hunting and all there reported it as such. Or Cheney needed to go to jail for attempted manslaughter if he indeed did just pull on the guy while sitting in the SUV.  Not sure why he's not making a big stink and suing this producer, or he just wants it to go away? It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of this movie?