• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics Garmin Boating App

papadarv

Big change in Navionics Boating Apps. Dec. 19, Nanionics combined the Boating ($9.95 purchase $4.95 renew) and Boating HD ($54.95 & 14.95 respective) app into one app now called Boating Marine & Lakes HD. Now one annual subscription price of $14.99. When you open your Boating app ($9.95 / $4.95) app you will be directed to install Boating Marine & Lakes HD and your data will automatic transfer IF YOUR LOGGED INTO NAVIONICS. It's good until your subscription ends, than you buy another year at $14.95. Garmin added ActiveCaptain to the app which overlays "points of intrest" and ability to transfer map, markers etc. data to your Garmin comparable electronics. Very limited POI's on inland lakes found a couple on Mille Lacs & Superior. You ca add some if you wish.

Thanks for the heads up. When I read this post yesterday I went ahead and checked out the app and sure enough, I had to make a purchase of $14.99. 

It seems to me that when I purchased the app a few years ago, they made it sound like it was a one time purchase. I guess they have to do what they have to do but it seems sort of "bait and switch" to me. People who bought the app under those terms maybe should have been grandfathered in? Maybe my understanding was wrong.

6 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Thanks for the heads up. When I read this post yesterday I went ahead and checked out the app and sure enough, I had to make a purchase of $14.99. 

It seems to me that when I purchased the app a few years ago, they made it sound like it was a one time purchase. I guess they have to do what they have to do but it seems sort of "bait and switch" to me. People who bought the app under those terms maybe should have been grandfathered in? Maybe my understanding was wrong.

I been using the app for 6 or more years, always had to buy an annual subscription to get map updates, SonarChart contours and other features like multi color contours - very clear instructions in the help tab on how to use. Always started sending me emails about one month before subscription ended. Important to have an account (user name/password) allows the app on multiple devices with same saved data syncing to each device and get email notices. Combining the 2 apps into one does make sense. Now have same app on my 2 android smart phones and tablet which used the more expensive  HD version. 

22 minutes ago, papadarv said:

I been using the app for 6 or more years, always had to buy an annual subscription to get map updates, SonarChart contours and other features like multi color contours - very clear instructions in the help tab on how to use. Always started sending me emails about one month before subscription ended. Important to have an account (user name/password) allows the app on multiple devices with same saved data syncing to each device and get email notices. Combining the 2 apps into one does make sense. Now have same app on my 2 android smart phones and tablet which used the more expensive  HD version. 

Hmmmm, maybe I had a different app than you had? All I know is I have had it for 3 or more years I think and I have never received an email or the message that showed a couple days ago when I opened the app. 

Whatever, I guess it doesn't matter now.