• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Grill

Mike89

1 hour ago, Getanet said:

Oh, not sure what the consensus of the crowd is here, but the next gas grill I buy won't have a side burner. I thought it would be a neat feature and paid a little extra for the model that had it, but after or or two uses the burner never worked right. At least this one has a lid on it, so I can still use that side of the grill to set stuff on, but I found it basically to be a waste of money.

I bought one with the side burner as well thinking it would be really nice to have.  While it works just fine I just found that I don't use it that often.  I'll use it occasionally but not enough to justify the extra cost.  With the next grill purchase I won't pay extra for that feature and I likely wouldn't buy one that didn't have a cover for the side burner because i use it as a place to put stuff much more than I use it to cook stuff.

20 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

Make sure you use charcoal for that beef!

I have never used a gas grill in my life and don't plan on it but it sure seems that everything they make now just isn't built as well and doesn't last. ?

dat be going on the pellet smoker!!!  smoked prime rib is very good!!!   

4 hours ago, Mike89 said:

that will done Christmas day!!  and I got the beer, your brand I think too!!!  

Excellent!  Our Christmas’ will be over by Christmas Day.  Me and the wifey were wondering what we were gonna do/where we were gonna fish on Christmas.  See you soon! ????

1 hour ago, chaffmj said:

Make sure you use charcoal for that beef!

I have never used a gas grill in my life and don't plan on it but it sure seems that everything they make now just isn't built as well and doesn't last. ?

This guy know's charcoal grilling! ?

769784711_Pelicanfishing019.jpg.346dac3cea53563521b5a0a9477e6bcb.jpg

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Excellent!  Our Christmas’ will be over by Christmas Day.  Me and the wifey were wondering what we were gonna do/where we were gonna fish on Christmas.  See you soon! ????

Yes suppose we should bring extra beer in case he runs out??

Mike, People say it is quicker to use a gas grill, but it is not. The added time for a charcoal grill is to pour briquettes into a starter chimney and add newspaper - 2 minutes. Once lit go in and prepare your meat. By the time your ready with the meat the coals are ready to cook with. The flavor is better and there is no flare ups or out of control raging grease fire that the gas grills are notorious for because you control the oxygen. Stock up your kingsford charcoal on the 3 summer holidays while on sale. $150 for a Weber grill and $5 a bag for charcoal.

12 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I made the switch to pellets and gave the charbroil grill away. I do have one of those Coleman road trip grills if I need one and now that the kids are gone that's probably all we will ever need again

22 minutes ago, Grainbelt said:

Mike, People say it is quicker to use a gas grill, but it is not. The added time for a charcoal grill is to pour briquettes into a starter chimney and add newspaper - 2 minutes. Once lit go in and prepare your meat. By the time your ready with the meat the coals are ready to cook with. The flavor is better and there is no flare ups or out of control raging grease fire that the gas grills are notorious for because you control the oxygen. Stock up your kingsford charcoal on the 3 summer holidays while on sale. $150 for a Weber grill and $5 a bag for charcoal.

I'm leaning towards just the charcoal and pellet grills as this moves along!!  I guess we get used to the gas and just think we have to have it!!!  

and don't forget the snacks guys!!!!  ?