• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10 Years On This Site As Of 12/11/2008

15 hours ago, smurfy said:

Oh it has, had it!! Hmmmm neighbor lady???:P she helping with the decoy show?? And I best get invited.:rolleyes:

ya never know she might be there at the decoy show!!!  and chaffmj he would get booted if he showed up at her place!!!  ?  by the way the show is march 16th!!

29 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

ya never know she might be there at the decoy show!!!  and chaffmj he would get booted if he showed up at her place!!!  ?  by the way the show is march 16th!!

And I would get my arse kicked again when I got home! 

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

long time. 2002 or earlier. this is my third name. got booted once years ago. LOL congrats leech

OMG were you Limt Out or Uncle Bill?  Or Jimmy Hoffa?   ?

It sure would be good to know what a nice soul like you could have possible got booted for? Wax worms over Plastics argument? ?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I told a mod to not get his undies in a bunch when he chewed a newbie out for asking a question that was already asked in another thread. silly me... 

That'll learn ya!! ?

12 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Let me guess, was his name Harvey?

Lee? Dont remember if he was a mod but he said it the way it was. 

On 12/14/2018 at 7:10 PM, leech~~ said:

Dang, this thread has been an eye opener.  And here I only ignored my wife for 10 years, it's funny some of you are still married!   ?

I do most of my posting at work so its a miracle I'm still employed. 

Also I don't think you can call yourself a true member of the forum unless you've been put on time out at least once.  Back in the day I had a few time outs but I never knew why.  Whichever mod did it never informed me or gave me a reason.  

Edited by nofishfisherman

8 hours ago, Juneau4 said:

Most everyone on this site has been in the coroner at least twice, especially if they have been around for 10 years plus.

I know I've been and I still have the same name since 2002-even though the date shows 2006, why I don't know.

You guys are zombies?

1 hour ago, nofishfisherman said:

I do most of my posting at work so its a miracle I'm still employed.   

I had my old boss once point out the number of posts I've made here.

" But that comes out to be just less than one post a day."

"I guess you are right, carry on."

:)

And of course, I was also a member of Team Timeout a couple times myself.

;)

Edited by Duffman

Congrats on your 10 years Steve!!

Made me look too, and it says since 8-11-2000..........    Holy carp, thats a long time ago!!

Back in the day we used to have some pretty big get togethers on the Duluth forum.  Many B-side Bash's, a few garbage clean-ups, and a couple Lake Superior get togethers.

I've met alot of folks from on here up on URL back in those old days of the Crappie Boom.  IBOT's and clamping, oh my?

On 12/15/2018 at 11:48 AM, Big Dave2 said:

The first forum I was ever a member of was an outdoor forum associated with the Outdoor News. It wasn't very busy and someone in there posted a link to FM and I tried it and it was much busier than the Outdoor News forum. 

Same story for me!

Edited by jbell1981

I just looked and saw that I was also a 10 year member on this site as of 12/11/2008...got me wondering if the fishingmn site was different, as I recall joining in march during a spring crappie boom on red.  Sure enough I joining that site as of March 2 2005.  It has been a great site to be a part of and have had great conversations, learned a lot, and have sadly seen too many members pass away.  Very odd on that part when I find myself shedding a tear for people I had no connection to other than the love of the outdoors and reading and exchanging info on the interweb!  

2 hours ago, ozzie said:

I just looked and saw that I was also a 10 year member on this site as of 12/11/2008...got me wondering if the fishingmn site was different, as I recall joining in march during a spring crappie boom on red.  Sure enough I joining that site as of March 2 2005.  It has been a great site to be a part of and have had great conversations, learned a lot, and have sadly seen too many members pass away.  Very odd on that part when I find myself shedding a tear for people I had no connection to other than the love of the outdoors and reading and exchanging info on the interweb!  

that's easy to understand....  ?

There I might have made it a little easier to read?

3 hours ago, ozzie said:

I just looked and saw that I was also a 10 year member on this site as of 12/11/2008...got me wondering if the fishing mn site was different, as I recall joining in march, during a spring crappie boom on red.  Sure enough I joined that site as of March 2, 2005. This has been a great site to be a part of!  I have had great conversations, learned a lot, and have sadly seen too many members pass away.  Very odd on that part, I find myself shedding a tear for people I had no connection to, other than the love of the outdoors, and reading and exchanging info on the interweb!  

Hope we are all still around in another 10 years!!

On 12/15/2018 at 4:58 PM, bobberineyes said:

Congrats you old forum puewps ?,  you guys are the ones that have kept her going. Just curious though, back then did the monitors have green lettering with a black background..?

The window on AIX that I read Usenet News on was....   I started on computers with punch cards, then moved up to a 2260 and MTMT (multiple terminal monitor task) which was an IBM Rochester homegrown thing for running terminals attached to the 360/65 we had at the time.  

Actual first computer I ever used was a CDC 1604 at the U of MN.....