• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

leech~~

10 Years On This Site As Of 12/11/2008

10 hours ago, chaffmj said:

Smurf just between you and me were you UncleBill at one time?

nope!!!!!!!!!!!;) glenn57

2 hours ago, Jmnhunter said:

leech, now you need to post some geo-tagged pics of those bucks you got from the paul bunyan😁

Here you go just for you! I don't hunt that spot anymore anyway. Best time to be in that stand is in the evening!  😉

N 47.048424 W 94.735163

7 hours ago, Surface Tension said:

Steve, congrats on your Big 10.  

Thanks Frank.

Your another member I have met about 5 times sledding, Twig swap, old Bside Bash and never got in front of the camera?  🙂

Lets get this thread back on track about meeting folks on this site for Outdoor activities and stop giggling about a guys titties! 🙄

Edited by leech~~

Ok getting things back on track.  Next month will be my 14th year and I think I've only met one other member.  Met Frank (Surface Tension) several years back on Fish Lake near Duluth.  He was incredibly helpful and generous sharing his knowledge of the lake.  If I remember right my dad and I drove up and Frank called saying the forecast looked like rain for the entire day.  Well my dad and I were already on the way and were going to fish rain or shine so Frank and his son still geared up and met us for some fishing.  I don't remember exactly how the day broke down but I remember get really wet but also catching a lot of nice fish.  I've fished the lake a lot since but that was my best day by a long shot. 

I have been here a good 17 years and I think there is only about 1 guy left here that I have met in person. Back in the day I knew and met several members who were frequent posters on FM. I met quite a few of them through the BP Catfish League but I think most of those guys are long gone.

11 minutes ago, knoppers said:

congrats on the 10 years. I got curious how long I have been here, I hit 16 years last month, I can't believe its been that long. 🤓

Dang, this thread has been an eye opener.  And here I only ignored my wife for 10 years, it's funny some of you are still married!   🤣

I been single for 4 years now!!  well almost...  after the wife passed away I stayed single..  somehow that changed the last few months!!!  :blink:🤣

I've been posting on here since Feb. 4, 2002 - since the days of the Great Red Lake Crappie Boom.  I met several of the members on here in person back then, but most of them are gone now.

Big Dave has me beat by one day, and Del is a relative newby in that respect, but he's the only real "old-timer" on here....😊

I've been posting on here since Feb. 4, 2002 - since the days of the Great Red Lake Crappie Boom.  I met several of the members on here in person back then, but most of them are gone now.

Big Dave has me beat by one day, and Del is a relative newby in that respect, but he's the only real "old-timer" on here....

got me by 6 months!!  someday hope to meet more of ya folks...  

26 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

Big Dave has me beat by one day, and Del is a relative newby in that respect, but he's the only real "old-timer" on here....

got me by 6 months!!  someday hope to meet more of ya folks...  

So, after all these years you still haven't figured out how to hit the Quote icon on a post for a reply? 😁

3 hours ago, swamptiger said:

Big Dave has me beat by one day, and Del is a relative newby in that respect, but he's the only real "old-timer" on here....😊

The first forum I was ever a member of was an outdoor forum associated with the Outdoor News. It wasn't very busy and someone in there posted a link to FM and I tried it and it was much busier than the Outdoor News forum. I made an account on FM but at some point I forgot my password and had to make a new account so I would say I was here at least several months before.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

So, after all these years you still haven't figured out how to hit the Quote icon on a post for a reply? 😁

sure do just hit the post first so I just copied and pasted!!  the old way!!!   :P

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

The first forum I was ever a member of was an outdoor forum associated with the Outdoor News. It wasn't very busy and someone in there posted a link to FM and I tried it and it was much busier than the Outdoor News forum. I made an account on FM but at some point I forgot my password and had to make a new account so I would say I was here at least several months before.

I can't really say if I was on this forum earlier or not - just going by what it says in my profile - waay too much water under the bridge for me to remember for sure...

18 hours ago, Mike89 said:

I been single for 4 years now!!  well almost...  after the wife passed away I stayed single..  somehow that changed the last few months!!!  :blink:🤣

Oh it has, had it!! Hmmmm neighbor lady???:P she helping with the decoy show?? And I best get invited.:rolleyes:

Don't remember how long ago it was, but back then the spearing thread and women's thread was the busiest.

43 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Oh it has, had it!! Hmmmm neighbor lady???:P she helping with the decoy show?? And I best get invited.:rolleyes:

You want to get invited to the neighbor lady's or the decoy show? 😁

Congrats you old forum puewps 😁,  you guys are the ones that have kept her going. Just curious though, back then did the monitors have green lettering with a black background..😂

Edited by bobberineyes