• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Turkey Applications

minky

It's been a while since I've applied for a turkey license but thinking about giving it another try this spring. It looks like now you only have to apply if you want to hunt the first 2 weeks of the season. I will probably just buy an over the counter license in 508.

Hoping for MN A season, just applied for WI E season. Our annual WI trip. I will pick up a season C also in the leftover tags hopefully if time allows.

NE archery only for the first couple weeks and SD .

Minnesota Archery again. D season in Wisconsin. Hopefully taking my dad out if possible, he's 95 and not in great shape right now. Also have a women's mentored hunt later in May.  Not certain yet, but hoping to put a Nebraska hunt together.  Seeing WAY more than expected this fall what with the cold wet spring we had.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:54 PM, minky said:

I applied for a Wisconsin zone 4 A & B season.

Sorry, as a non-resident, you will never draw for these seasons.  Wisconsin residents get first choice no matter how many preference points you may have.  Season C is their fishing opener and you have a pretty good chance of drawing this tag.  If you apply for more than one time period, say season D & E, you'll draw E everytime.  This is all personal experience from over 30 years of hunting across the border.  Good luck and keep your eyes on when the leftover tags go on sale. Zone 4 is Thursday, March 22.