• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ability To Use State Land In Minnesota

I'm wondering if any other states in the upper midwest that deal with snow such as Minnesota have their local DNR's actually plow out their WMA parking areas and such lands. If it is open to anyone that pays taxes, why if we get a big snow and the plows push snow into the mouth of the state lands does the DNR not plow open those? If you do not have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, you cannot access these spots and are forced to park on a road, mainly a highway or county road, which would be extremely unsafe. 

Are there any other states that DO plow theirs out? 

I haven't come across any areas in South Dakota that do that. You just have to deal with it and work around it. I have needed to get towed out before because I was trying to be courteous of large farm equipment and knew even if I parked on the shoulder of the road they couldn't pass by. No option to park in the ditch because its also full of snow so I opted for the parking area and missed judged the entrance approach because of all the snow  and buried my truck.

I dont expect our GFP officials to be responsible for that. Id rather they save the time,  money,  equipment and fuel and use it for something else.