• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Fathom

Jiffy E6 Lightning Electric?

Any reports on this unit yet? I'm looking at upgrading to an electric 10" auger and was wondering how it would compare to the Strikemaster.

they're heavier; more expensive, and historically slower than the strikemasters; i beleive the 10" lazer is about 570 vs jiffy's $600 (scheels); also jiffy's warranty isnt as good as strikemasters; the upside to the jiffy's is more advertised holes vs SM's

Edited by Jmnhunter

SM's are great augers as I'm sure the new Jiffy is also, but don't overlook Ion. If you've dealt with Artisans service you'll be a customer forever.  

I was at the Scheels icefest in Nov and looked at them. Show special 579.00 with a free 2nd battery and 50.00 scheels gift card. I asked them how they compare to a Ion. He said, I wont run them so I dont know. Now I have two Ion's and think there great. I went over to the Ion booth and asked them how does your compare to a Jiffy. He said same battery, we turn slower and differnt color. Then said And I like it, its all personal choice. I going to stick with the Ions

6 hours ago, Hawg said:

SM's are great augers as I'm sure the new Jiffy is also, but don't overlook Ion. If you've dealt with Artisans service you'll be a customer forever.  

I know with the first generation Ion guys were not having the best of luck turning the 10in auger. Has the ion X or recent ion power heads fixed that issue?

The problem is no better or no worse than a 10 inch on any electric. Because of the shaver blades on an Ion they will be better than the aggressive chipper style of a SM.

I think the best way to compare, is to look on You Tube for side by side comparisons, That  is what I did, then chose the Strikmster and have no regrets.