Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

rl_sd

Used Two Man Flipovers

Recommended Posts

Currently looking at two different used flip over shacks... a Dave Genz trap guide and also a nanook.  I don’t know a whole lot about either. The trap guide has a shallower sled, which is nice because it is lighter but also means that I can’t carry as much stuff. The nanook is new and has a deeper sled but not sure it will fit in the back of my suburban. Both are the same money.... Thoughts from someone that has used them? Mostly looking for me and my son to run and gone with when not in the wheel house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a nanook thermal it’s a few years old.

 

no issues with fabric or zippers zero complaints there. the pole system leaves a lot to be desired. They work ok but not great. I think the seats have probably changed but I I keep them both unbolted to slide in the tub. When my kids not with I just use it as a big one man shack and take one seat out and keep the other In the middle. The brackets for the seat mounts make it easy to lift up toss in the bed of my truck.

 

the nanook is a little on the small side but maybe that’s ideal if hauling in the burban 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rundrave said:

I have a nanook thermal it’s a few years old.

 

no issues with fabric or zippers zero complaints there. the pole system leaves a lot to be desired. They work ok but not great. I think the seats have probably changed but I I keep them both unbolted to slide in the tub. When my kids not with I just use it as a big one man shack and take one seat out and keep the other In the middle. The brackets for the seat mounts make it easy to lift up toss in the bed of my truck.

Thanks Dave. Will it fit in the back of a suburban?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haul mine the bed of my tundra crew max and it’s not a 6ft bed and I can still get the tailgate up with room to spare. Not sure if clam has specifications on HSOforum but I can try to measure mine if ya need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Fish Trap guide that I have had for many years. The good thing about it is that it is small and light for a 2 man house. Personally I think the sled has plenty of room for what I haul. The problem I find is the lack of room inside. It's plenty of room for one person but it gets tight with two. The biggest thing I would like is more head room and the ability to stand up without going outside or flipping it up and instantly losing all the heat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I have a Fish Trap guide that I have had for many years. The good thing about it is that it is small and light for a 2 man house. Personally I think the sled has plenty of room for what I haul. The problem I find is the lack of room inside. It's plenty of room for one person but it gets tight with two. The biggest thing I would like is more head room and the ability to stand up without going outside or flipping it up and instantly losing all the heat. 

Thanks BD2. I ended up going the Fish Trap Guide 2-man. The majority of the time it will be just me, but wanted enough room to take the 8 year old. I found one for $150 in perfect shape w/ tow bar and cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 11:31 AM, Big Dave2 said:

I have a Fish Trap guide that I have had for many years. The good thing about it is that it is small and light for a 2 man house. Personally I think the sled has plenty of room for what I haul. The problem I find is the lack of room inside. It's plenty of room for one person but it gets tight with two. The biggest thing I would like is more head room and the ability to stand up without going outside or flipping it up and instantly losing all the heat. 

Must be a very reliable one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GrahamD said:

Must be a very reliable one.

 

Maybe, but I don't use it that much either. I would rather fish out of my wheel house if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

 

Maybe, but I don't use it that much either. I would rather fish out of my wheel house if possible.

I’m with you, but this early ice has given me the itch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

I’m with you, but this early ice has given me the itch

 

Yeah, I'm hoping the wheel house can go out in another week. That would probably be the earliest it has ever been out and I've owned it for at least 15 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

 

Yeah, I'm hoping the wheel house can go out in another week. That would probably be the earliest it has ever been out and I've owned it for at least 15 years.

I had mine out on thanksgiving about 20 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...