• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Buck

Duffman

Here's a tip.........

If you get Amazon Prime and watch Thursday Night Football, you can switch the audio to English UK.

Two British? guys calling the game......."On the cusp of calling a timeout."   :D

Best part....... not hearing Buck utter another word.

And your brain keeps going......"Am I watching football........or am I watching football?"

;)

Edited by Duffman
One guy sounds Irish.

I guess that was just me trying to fit in with some of the silly town folk on here and the lock her up chants!

By the way Tracy very nice deer hunting season for you so far!

Edited by chaffmj
To give Tracy a congrats.

31 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

I guess that was just me trying to fit in with some of the silly town folk on here and the lock her up chants!

By the way Tracy very nice deer hunting season for you so far!

I may tend to now agree with ya after listening to them 2 clowns and the worlds greatest patriots!!!!!!!UGH!!!!!!

Edited by smurfy

Why is it that every set of announcers seem to be rooting for the other teams? Yesterday it was so obvious. Theilen gets mugged in end zone and they say it was a good no call as the receiver initiated the contact. Later the patriots receiver does the exact same thing, gets the flag and it is a good call... just weird.

54 minutes ago, paceman said:

Why is it that every set of announcers seem to be rooting for the other teams? 

You perceive it that way because you have an investment in one of the teams and you have trouble being objective?

Announcers usually sound like they are rooting for the winning team because they heap praise on the winning team for all the things they did well and they pile on the losing team pointing out where they made mistakes.  Given that the Vikings have been on the losing side more than winning side over the last number of years it makes sense that people think the announcers are against them.  However, I do think most are fairly objective.  Unless the opposing team is led by Rodgers or Brady, then they'll still pile on the praise for those 2 players no matter the outcome but in general those 2 players have earned that respect over the years.