• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5 Lb Propane Tanks

jbird68

22 hours ago, jbird68 said:

Why are the 5 lb. propane tanks so expensive and hard to find. I've looked online for them and they are usually about $60. 20# tanks are about $40 full. Wanting to possibly stop using the 1lb. tanks for my buddy heater and go with a 5lb. tank that will last longer. Oh, and I'm on foot 100% of the time. 

If you go to the grocery store the good bottled water is over a dollar a bottle and one aisle over you can get a gallon jug for 59 cents. 

Some things just work out that way lol

On 11/20/2018 at 1:41 PM, rundrave said:

I got an old  10lb'er on craiglist  for $10 a few years ago, got it re-certified at a local propane co-op and never looked back.  I love it.

Has anyone used this, if so how do you like it: Flame King Refillable 1 LB Empty Propane Cylinder Tank  with Refill Kit that looks like it would be ideal. 

image.png.fe2bcf072e44a158f5fc2dd3729cffe3.png

I just used this kit for the first time yesterday and found it to be very easy.  As for blowing you and your house/garage up, anything can happen when you do things wrong.  You are working with gas you don't do that in a garage or any enclosed space.  Would you wash a car in you livingroom and expect the hardwood to stay dry and new?