• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vertical Smokers

33 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I have had my mind set on making one from an old refrigerator but these bigger pit boss models might just be the ticket.

You can turn an old refrigerator into a pellet smoker....

pellet smoker fridge.jpg

2 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I have had a few electric smokers but if I ever change that up I will definitely go to a pellet smoker. I have had my mind set on making one from an old refrigerator but these bigger pit boss models might just be the ticket.

Apparent-ness!  ?

A fridge style would be nice.  Well and I was just looking online yesterday was at first thinking the Bradley but after thinking about it I already have chips, chunks and pellets at the house now I would need pucks. So after reading what you guys had done earlier in the year making carts and platforms to get the unit higher might as well get one that's ready to go. But I still need to go look and pet each brand a little bit and see what would be best. Dont worry big D,  the FIL just used his masterbuilt for the first time and his ribs turned out really tough..

Edited by bobberineyes

10 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

A fridge style would be nice.  Well and I was just looking online yesterday was at first thinking the Bradley but after thinking about it I already have chips, chunks and pellets at the house now I would need pucks. So after reading what you guys had done earlier in the year making carts and platforms to get the unit higher might as well get one that's ready to go. But I still need to go look and pet each brand a little bit and see what would be best. Dont worry big D,  the FIL just used his masterbuilt for the first time and his ribs turned out really tough..

That was my thoughts on the Bradley too. I suppose they work nice but the pucks don't work in anything else and it can be tough finding them locally if you run out.

10 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Dont worry big D,  the FIL just used his masterbuilt for the first time and his ribs turned out really tough..

Hmmmmmm, I wonder why that would be? I make ribs in my weber grill and have had the temps get out of control and still made better ribs than that MES. 

9 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

That was my thoughts on the Bradley too. I suppose they work nice but the pucks don't work in anything else and it can be tough finding them locally if you run out.

I did the same thing when I was looking for an electric smoker. I found I couldn't buy the propitiatory wood pucks in my town and if they ever change them or quit making them for some reason I would be SOL. Wood pellets and chips however can be found locally and can be used for multiple cooking instruments. 

43 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

sold my chips and chunks on craigs

50 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Yepper, we'll bring da beer and bait Mike!!

gotta plan a get together up there. I will try and set something for january. I am sure a few from this area will pop up for a day of grilling and fishing and eating. 

I'm thinking next spring a Rib cook-smoke off somewhere!  Everyone hauls their smoker-cookers there and has it out! Even the Horizontal rabbit pellet fellows can come!  ?

Edited by leech~~