• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Bueller?  

Bueller?

Anyone going this year?  I’m on the fence.  Kinda depends on what the kids knock over this last weekend of FA season and if I have another person to go with.  I did run through some rounds last weekend to make sure I was ready should things play my way for the season.

I will be out either way. Saving a tag for a doe to use the Muzzy. I do have a buck tag still but hoping to get one with the bow. I love Muzzy season and always save a tag for then. Let go a lot of does this fall and small buck but come Muzzy season they are all targets.

I have few bucks in the metro also that i'm trying to get a shot at. Already field my NE tag so been a little more picky this season. Not Muzzy season though I need at least one more deer in the freezer for all fishing and spring trips.

If time allows I will get out for a couple walks in the woods with the muzzy.  I didn't get anything with the gun and have yet to buy a bow license cuz time was spent chasing fall walleyes opposed to deer.  Good Luck to those that get out!!

I wasn't planning on going due to the project list getting longer but I took my 7 year old out to sit last weekend. We got home and he was telling his mom all about it and how cool it was seeing deer walk by and how he wished there was more time in the season. That was when the wife asked why I wasn't going to go during muzzleloader and that I should go so I can take him out again. I felt like I had to be a good husband and just agree with her. Sometimes it's about compromising with your wife just to keep the peace in the house. 

Yes I am definitely going Muzzy hunting. I prefer it to Rifle and it is a close second to Bow. I usually save tags and vacation time for it. I just love hunting in the snow! 

4 hours ago, paceman said:

Yes I am definitely going Muzzy hunting. I prefer it to Rifle and it is a close second to Bow. I usually save tags and vacation time for it. I just love hunting in the snow! 

I’m with ya here!  

‘Cept the vacation part for some dumb reason.

I'm definitely heading out for muzzy! I much prefer muzzy hunting to firearm. In fact, I've carried my muzzy a couple times during firearm season. This year my buddy and I are trying a new area up by Bigfork.

On a side note, I had my muzzy out to the range Wednesday. These almost 70 year old eyes just aren't what they used to be; even the fiber optic sights are getting fuzzy now. I'm thinking I may have to finally break down and put a scope on the old girl. That's going to just about kill me to put a scope on a sidelock.

I went ahead and bought a tag since the FA season was going pretty slow in camp.  Then bang, bang, bang, bang... just like that we all have enough venison...

My season might just boil down to a few walks in the woods, checking things out that I’ve been curious about.  Just wouldn’t feel right not carrying my smoke stick with even though I probably won’t use it.

Premature tag purchase. 🤦‍♂️

WTG Nate!  Great story!   I look forward to more from you two! 

Congrats Wanderer

I also pulled off a yearling last night for our land owner who wanted a young deer.I was see deer most the hunts but some small bucks and most years I would of shot but I have one in mind and still will be after with the bow. This was my last weekend for Muzzy heading to LOW this weekend.

I will get out with the bow but sure was nice to get the Muzzy some work. Second year for this gun and tried some different ammo this year and worked great.

Sat with my son on Sunday for the first sit of the year...saw 8 deer in 5 hours...he passed on 2 spikes and a really small doe with even smaller fawn...we have one day left to hunt and will be trying to thin a doe or two... we still have buck tags so a good buck would be nice too...(: 

CB730BBB-49ED-4AEC-9413-00C73A83619A.jpeg