• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Single Stage Snow Throwers

Moonshine

Wow, I didn't think single stage versus 2 stage snow throwers would become a Ford vs Chevy conversation.  My take is that for the average home owner with a flat, concrete/asphalt, standard three stall garage wide driveway, the single stage should suffice.  I will continue using my 2 stage at the cabin on the driveway and gravel parking/walkways.

Leech has me concerned on the Honda single stage, so now I just need to determine which to buy.

Use which ever moves the snow you need to move. I have a single stage and a two stage and I use them both depending on the type of snow and the depth. Wind direction also makes a difference.

Wifes attitude also does. Sometimes that's the most important.?

Finally got a chance to use my new single stage snowthrower.  Ended up buying the Toro Power Clear 721QZE.  Wish I would have gotten a single stage sooner.  It took much less time than previously.  My neighbor who has the same size driveway started with his two stage before me and I finished well before he did.  I had my steps done and everything cleaned up and he was still out there.  We got about 3-4 inches of wet heavy snow in Maple Grove.  Bought the Toro from the local hardware store and they assembled it, gassed it up and put in the oil for less than what the price was at Acme Tool.  Happy with my purchase.