• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jerky Recipes And Cooking Methods?

On 11/19/2018 at 12:12 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

changing it up this year. the pork loin jerky is so dang good all the venny that isnt a steak is going to burger and sausage. :)  I hope to try your recipe bob on the pork. I bet it will be nice. I gotta go 24 hours tho for whole meat in brine.

Most of the time I just use the Dale's as a marinade. Brush it on before grilling. 

3 hours ago, BobT said:

I've never tried pork jerky. Interesting.

you gotta try it. I buy them at sams for 189 per pound.  trim fat off then I partially freeze. Then run about 2/3 of it thru my slicer at a strong 1/4 inch. I cure them then on the dehydrator. when done I like to cut in half then shrink wrap. Inexpensive and great taste. 

I've made pork jerky once and it was excellent, thanks for the reminder! That was several years ago and I completely forgot how inexpensive and delicious it is. I used my homemade generic Asian marinade. 

I've also made jerky out of a ham steak. Also delicious, but very labor intensive to ensure it doesn't dry out

Good weekend to make some pork loin jerky. I went with my own marinade. I am making Christmas jerky packs for gifts by request so I am using the old standby. I cut up 2 whole loins from Sams, 9lbs a piece. I trim all the fat off and the dark meat. the dark meat was last nights supper. Tomorrow I am going to add some fresh ginger to the mix on another loin to simulate the Dale sauce.

3lbs of whole meat 

1 c soy sauce

1 tbs Worcestershire

1 tbs garlic minced

1 tbs onion minced

1 tbs fresh ground black pepper

1-2 tbs brown sugar or honey

20181214_072430[2028].jpg

5 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

Smurfy, I cut the dark meat off because it taste so good in the frying pan with butter and garlic salt. ?

I let them swim for 2 days and now on the smoker. I am using apple and crabapple wood. 

20181215_093813.jpg

Got me convinced.