• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got My Sled Ready For The 18/19 Riding Season

LoonASea

Well good news Ski Doo is going to warranty my reverse problem. Bad news is Servo reverse motor is on back order. Hmmm I wonder why? Told me to call back tomorrow when parts guy is in to find out when and if they can get one. They also changed wireing harness which has been problems on some but didn't help mine.Was planning on riding next week but we will see.

That was mentioned on another snowmobile site and didn't sound like that was an option. I do like the push button reverse when its working but sure has been plagued with the same problems for a while. Right now Im just hoping I get it fixed while there is still snow on the ground to try it out for a while 

7 hours ago, ripstick said:

hey leech we are thinking about a ride next sat. How is your sled doing ? give a shout.

Huum, let me give that a think. The sled may be ready but bring a tow strap!  ?

Weather for Two Harbors area next Sat.

Two Harbors, MN

Saturday

Snow Showers

30°F | °C

Precipitation: 40%

Humidity: 69%

Wind: 11 mph

On 3/4/2019 at 5:32 AM, ripstick said:

thinking moose lake mahtowa  Cromwell  area. Something different and less driving for you.

Well here is my sticking point right now. Just picked up a newer used SUV yesterday and trying to get a hitch and wiring done before Sat.

Plus need to keep an eye on the weather for roads on Sat.  Other then that I'm a solid maybe.  ?

My sled is still in shop. So far they said they tried 3 reverse motors and wiring harness and still doesn't work. BRP said to inspect chain case and they said they didn't find any problems there either. I guess I will call back tomorrow like I have been doing every day for over a week now. Looks like a warm up coming and possibly some rain. So even if the trails hold up for a while any roads and parking lots will probably be dirt or tar. 

Now they are sending pictures to BRP of inside of chaincase to see if they see anything. If they cant get it working in a couple days they said they could put it back together and I could just run it with no reverse and then drop it off when Im done riding for the year. It has warranty till next November so they can work on it all summer if they want or need to. Sucks not having reverse but sucks more not having a machine to ride.

3 hours ago, Walleyehooker said:

Now they are sending pictures to BRP of inside of chaincase to see if they see anything. If they cant get it working in a couple days they said they could put it back together and I could just run it with no reverse and then drop it off when Im done riding for the year. It has warranty till next November so they can work on it all summer if they want or need to. Sucks not having reverse but sucks more not having a machine to ride.

If I did anything like that it would be at a different dealer that actually had a mechanic working there that knew the products they are selling and they would never see me again! ?

Edited by leech~~

The thought has crossed my mind but if you search the net and read up  on the host of problems people have had with the electronic reverse you will start to realize it is junk to begin with. And problems can be fixed as easy as changing a fuse or relay or wiring harness or servo motor to more complex things like a slight wear on shaft or gears etc. Apparently mine isn't one of the easy fix ones as a lot of the stuff is just changing parts and pretty straight forward. I figure it this way the longer they take to get it fixed the more leverage I will have if things don't work out. If it isn't fixed in a couple days I plan on picking it up and running it to the end of season and then bring it back in . Its unfortunate as I like everything else about the machine except the electronic reverse. Im not even sure if switching it to manual is an option and I don't want to have holes cut into the panels. 

1 hour ago, Walleyehooker said:

The thought has crossed my mind but if you search the net and read up  on the host of problems people have had with the electronic reverse you will start to realize it is junk to begin with. And problems can be fixed as easy as changing a fuse or relay or wiring harness or servo motor to more complex things like a slight wear on shaft or gears etc. Apparently mine isn't one of the easy fix ones as a lot of the stuff is just changing parts and pretty straight forward. I figure it this way the longer they take to get it fixed the more leverage I will have if things don't work out. If it isn't fixed in a couple days I plan on picking it up and running it to the end of season and then bring it back in . Its unfortunate as I like everything else about the machine except the electronic reverse. Im not even sure if switching it to manual is an option and I don't want to have holes cut into the panels. 

Dude, this thing is a tank, a Cadillac but a tank, it will suk trying to unload it or get it unstuck without reverse!  ?

Edited by leech~~

Ill use my tilt bed trailer with plastic slides and she slides right off no problem. Sticking to the trails and that thing called common sense should keep me from getting stuck and I have good insurance for a back up plan. Never been stuck yet and have only really used reverse to back out of enclosed trailer up till now so I think I can live without it for a short time. Heck now that I think of it I never had reverse on a machine till now but yes they are a little lighter than this one. 

most times reverse will not get you unstuck, mostly because your in the deep stuff. but backing off the trailer, or into the garage is when I use mine. I don't have your problem, but I just got a letter in the mail today from Textron, a recall on my ECM, they said it needs to be reprogrammed, and do not use it. from what I read on artic cat forums, they shoot flames out the exhaust that can cause the belly pan to catch fire. then I read that some people were having problems after the reprogramming. I will wait a couple weeks, then bring it in to be done, its worked fine for me, 2nd year and 800 miles.