• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got My Sled Ready For The 18/19 Riding Season

LoonASea

WOW!!!  I have read about the electronic reverse problems on DooTalk,,, I have the manual reverse and have not had any issues,,,, Bummer to hear about your engine issue ,,, Hope the dealer gets you up and back on the trails ,,, Who knows when we will get another winter like this again ,,, I do need to get some spare relays one of these days 

Dropped it off at dealer today and might be a week to get it back. Not sure you have relays with manual reverse but if anyone is looking for spares they are $5 at O Rielly parts and they have more expensive ones to but look just like the $5 ones. I bought 4 of them for spares. Im also going to ask mechanic when I pick it up if there is a way to get it out of reverse manually so if it ever happens out in the middle of the woods. 

I also picked up a couple extra trailer tilt pins in case someone walks off with mine again. I would have taken my enclosed trailer but my check engine light is on in my Suburban to and it comes up knock sensor. And they don't recommend driving it with bad knock sensor or could damage engine. Need a warmer day to tackle that as it involves removing the intake to get at the darn thing. Hope my luck improves

22 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

I did check and my sled has 3 relays ,,, Plan to pick up some spares to put in my tank bag ,,, If we do get the snow predicted I'm gonna take a short run later today ,,, Spur trail is only 2.5 miles from home 

If you guys had a snowmobile without a car motor you wouldn't have any relay issues. ?

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, leech~~ said:

Thanks Presidents for the day off!  ?

Went back over to the same trails by Orock and hit it pretty hard to burn off some of the carbon I built up pulling the grandkids and sleigh around the other day. The trails were groomed and not bad but the groomer seemed to have put some pretty deep grooves in the trails around the corners. Never really saw that before anywhere? ?

There were a few folks out but no where near last weekend.

My top end rebuild seems to be breaking in pretty well and the compression has been going up the last few rides so hopefully I'm almost there. ?

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

I rode the trails around big lake today, mostly to get used to the new trails. trails were awesome, they must have groomed last night, rode to becker and back and some other playing around. all in all I put on 42 miles today. I will ride into the orrock area tomorrow. don't ride that much around here anymore, mostly aitkin co. now. looks like the trails around the sand dunes look good, I will give it a shot tomorrow.

well my riding day started bad, or should I say not started. my new sled would not start after riding yesterday without any problems. it got to the point my battery was almost dead, so I tried the recoil, nothing. I looked through the manual, it said to check the fuses, since I had my visor plugged in, maybe a blown fuse, all looked good. paging through the book, I noticed something that said if you have been riding in deep powder with lots of dust, your throttle cable could have some ice on it, I did ride across the lake before putting it away in deep powder. it said to work the throttle and let it snap back, then give it a 1/4 throttle and try starting. well that worked and it fired up fine.

I was a little nervous stopping for gas today, but it started without issue. again today, I have to ride over the lake through deep powder to get back, but this time I let it idle in the driveway a little while so the heat from the motor would melt anything off the throttle before putting it away, then I worked the throttle again to make sure that is fine for the next ride.

good day of riding once I got going, lots of traffic in the sand dunes, but still a good ride.

Well my machine is still in shop and not going very well. Seems they don't believe me its still under warranty as they have to pull it up every time I talk to them which has been a few times so far. I got the extra year of warranty when I snow checked it. So I get a call a couple days ago and they tell me the stalling was cause by the TPS sensor which they said they adjusted. Didn't know you could adjust one but maybe threw the computer. I asked if that fixed it. Said he wasn't sure because it is still stuck in reverse and cant test drive it. I ask if its covered under warranty and he said adjustments aren't covered. That was after he had to look up if I still had warranty again. [PoorWordUsage]. Then he tell me therevers problem will cost $350. I ask isn't that covered under warranty. He says well some have been and some havnt do you want me to order the parts. [PoorWordUsage]. Shouldn't a dealer know whats covered? I told him im not ordering parts tell I know whats covered and he says they have to submit it to Ski Doo first. And will take about a week to get parts. I tell him they should have a recall on the electronic reverse as its had so many problems but he wasn't to interested in that. My opinion is if im going to have to spend $350 I might as well put it towards converting it to a manual reverse rather than spending it on an ongoing problem. So know iM waiting to find out if its covered. Then hopefully there will still be snow to see if it works as my warranty runs out next November. And to think I originally bought this machine because I wanted something new and dependable.

Dang, total B & S! He should know or find out if it's under warranty!  That's a Cadillac of Ski Doo's touring sleds. I think I would give the Mfg a call and give them a piece of my mind on their sled and the pizz-poor dealer they have selling and working on them. ?

How many miles do you have on it now?

Edited by leech~~

Sounds like a nightmare!  Hope it straightens out for you the way it should!

I keep debating about buying a newer used sled but talk myself out of it all the time.  I just spent the past couple days going through the fuel system to resurrect my old 550 RMK for this coming weekend.  It sat for the past 4 or 5 years.  It passed the trial run so I’m happy with it again.

Good luck @Walleyehooker

18 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Sounds like letting it idle a bit and may be popping the throttle a few times before you park it.

Did you hit the Refuge for some burgers and pops over in Orock? ?

no I did not stop, it was getting late in the day, so I kept on riding.

Anybody been out riding? Trails have got to be pretty good in a lot of places this year. I called on my machine yesterday and they said parts are on the way and hopefully be here by end of week but you never know coming from Canada. Hopefully get it back early next week. When I do get it back Ill be putting on some miles as my warranty runs out next November so I figure Ill have about a month to see if its going to work or break again. 

1 hour ago, Walleyehooker said:

Anybody been out riding? Trails have got to be pretty good in a lot of places this year. I called on my machine yesterday and they said parts are on the way and hopefully be here by end of week but you never know coming from Canada. Hopefully get it back early next week. When I do get it back Ill be putting on some miles as my warranty runs out next November so I figure Ill have about a month to see if its going to work or break again. 

I may be up for a ride in a week or two. May be we could tow each other back, or Randy can!  ?

8 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I may be up for a ride in a week or two. May be we could tow each other back, or Randy can!  ?

Plan on riding up north during the week when trails are smooth and traffic is light. Less bumps and out of control riders. Will only use reverse when next to a main road or parking lot.

I plan to get a few more miles on the sled today,,,, Riding during the week does have its benefits (if you don't break down or go off trail) ,,, I need to find more retired riders for safety reasons ,,,, With most of the state having snow it sure has taken the pressure off the trails up here making congestion on the trail minimal 

Walleyehooker I hope your back on the trails soon ,,, We don't get trail conditions like these most years 

Edited by LoonASea

35 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

With most of the state having snow it sure has taken the pressure off the trails up here making congestion on the minimal.

Enjoy the ride Randy.  

Just to support your comment on HOW MUCH snow we have: Last week I met people at the airport that flew in from Montana to ride cuz our snow is better this year.  That was their quote.