• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

LoonASea

Got My Sled Ready For The 18/19 Riding Season

I didn't make it out and happy I didn't,,,, The groomers did not get the memo and the trails have not been groomed ,,, Several gas stations locally ran out of premium gas  with all the snowmobilers out on the trails,,,We got over a foot of snow here and further up the shore got well over 2 feet 

Reading reports on the snowmobile forums it sounds like the trails were pretty moguled up by saturday morning ,,,, the next snow will help build a base once the groomers get out ,,,, I think I will wait till after the new year to hit the trails and ride during the week ,,,, I hope the next snow can spread out the sleds a little more as it sounds like every one came up here since we have more snow then other parts of the state ,,,, Too bad north west wisc didn't get much snow thursday  

The groomers want the sleds to pack things down and get things froze up first. Hopefully they can get out soon. With a little notice I might be able to run up and take a ride during the week and avoid the weekend traffic. Im sure there will be plenty of people heading up there next weekend

Range trails were getting the groomer today.  Trails down to cotton got groomed. Hermantown was getting groomed this afternoon. Haven't heard about the res. riders and lower n shore .Upper by the trestle inn was groomed.

haven't heard about the res riders and northsho

Posted (edited)

Ok Frank convinced me to get the old sled fixed and out on the snow. So I made a few Mods to match my new riding style and I'm ready! 🙂

48390002_10156990512113953_8765746956547915776_n.jpg

49204585_10156990487458953_4518438709313404928_n.jpg

Edited by leech~~

well they say you don't ride yamaha's, you drive them, fits here.

trails were groomed and ridable in the aitkin area, not much for base, but not bad. with the warm weather, they started to get beat up and loose. good news is 4-6 inches predicted sunday night, hopefully that gets groomed in, and the trails could be much better.

Got out riding with the HCS group today ,,, Great weather and snow conditions to be on the trail ,,,, Groomed trail to start the day but must have seen well over 500 other sleds on the trail ,,, Had a burger at the Trestle and headed back to the truck ,,, By that time the trail conditions got a little bumpy and Im gonna feel it in the morning ,,, Im gonna do more  riding during the week rather then weekends 

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

"Brisk Pace"  👍  😅

LOL I checked my GPS and my average travel speed was 46 mph ,,, Thats a BRISK PACE and I rarely was able to see the sled in front of me 

Yeah when I was on that site more, they called me "Smell the Pines" because I asked one time during a Ride discussion if they ever "slowed down or stopped to smell the pines!"  I thought I was in Silly Town for a minute with the feel back on that one! 😣  😅