• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got My Sled Ready For The 18/19 Riding Season

LoonASea

I didn't make it out and happy I didn't,,,, The groomers did not get the memo and the trails have not been groomed ,,, Several gas stations locally ran out of premium gas  with all the snowmobilers out on the trails,,,We got over a foot of snow here and further up the shore got well over 2 feet 

Reading reports on the snowmobile forums it sounds like the trails were pretty moguled up by saturday morning ,,,, the next snow will help build a base once the groomers get out ,,,, I think I will wait till after the new year to hit the trails and ride during the week ,,,, I hope the next snow can spread out the sleds a little more as it sounds like every one came up here since we have more snow then other parts of the state ,,,, Too bad north west wisc didn't get much snow thursday  

The groomers want the sleds to pack things down and get things froze up first. Hopefully they can get out soon. With a little notice I might be able to run up and take a ride during the week and avoid the weekend traffic. Im sure there will be plenty of people heading up there next weekend

Range trails were getting the groomer today.  Trails down to cotton got groomed. Hermantown was getting groomed this afternoon. Haven't heard about the res. riders and lower n shore .Upper by the trestle inn was groomed.

haven't heard about the res riders and northsho

Ok Frank convinced me to get the old sled fixed and out on the snow. So I made a few Mods to match my new riding style and I'm ready! ?

48390002_10156990512113953_8765746956547915776_n.jpg

49204585_10156990487458953_4518438709313404928_n.jpg

Edited by leech~~

well they say you don't ride yamaha's, you drive them, fits here.

trails were groomed and ridable in the aitkin area, not much for base, but not bad. with the warm weather, they started to get beat up and loose. good news is 4-6 inches predicted sunday night, hopefully that gets groomed in, and the trails could be much better.

Got out riding with the HCS group today ,,, Great weather and snow conditions to be on the trail ,,,, Groomed trail to start the day but must have seen well over 500 other sleds on the trail ,,, Had a burger at the Trestle and headed back to the truck ,,, By that time the trail conditions got a little bumpy and Im gonna feel it in the morning ,,, Im gonna do more  riding during the week rather then weekends 

Yeah when I was on that site more, they called me "Smell the Pines" because I asked one time during a Ride discussion if they ever "slowed down or stopped to smell the pines!"  I thought I was in Silly Town for a minute with the feel back on that one! ?  ?

I haven't been riding much ,,,, We now have 30 inches of snow on the ground up here ,,, Too many trips to LOTW ,,, Need to get the sled out on the trails once this cold tapers off ,,, Leech you up for a organized ride yet??  Is your sled broken in yet???

Sold the sleds in October, first time in 25+ years without one.  Between the terrible winters the last 3 years and X Juniors basketball schedule there just weren't enough miles put on to warrant the storage and maintenance $$'s 

3 hours ago, LoonASea said:

I haven't been riding much ,,,, We now have 30 inches of snow on the ground up here ,,, Too many trips to LOTW ,,, Need to get the sled out on the trails once this cold tapers off ,,, Leech you up for a organized ride yet??  Is your sled broken in yet???

I would love too but I'm pretty sure I need a few more slow speed miles on it. I was out on a lake last weekend and she seems to be running pretty well so fingers crossed!

Well put in a few miles with the grandkids and daughter by Orock MN on Sat.  Trails were pretty nice but there were lots of sleds out and I'm sure they will be pretty beat up by the end of the weekend! Little guys had a great time driving and riding in the sleigh.

Hot chocolate and cookies are always a good ride break warmer! Fun day, God has blessed me well.

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

Edited by leech~~

Thanks Presidents for the day off!  ?

Went back over to the same trails by Orock and hit it pretty hard to burn off some of the carbon I built up pulling the grandkids and sleigh around the other day. The trails were groomed and not bad but the groomer seemed to have put some pretty deep grooves in the trails around the corners. Never really saw that before anywhere? ?

There were a few folks out but no where near last weekend.

My top end rebuild seems to be breaking in pretty well and the compression has been going up the last few rides so hopefully I'm almost there. ?

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

Made it up to Silver Bay for a ride on Saturday. Got about 15-20 miles down trail and sled starts to miss and wants to die and check engine light comes on. Shut it off and look things over and everything looks OK and not overheating. Start back up and runs fine for about 10 miles and does same thing. Did this about 4 times till we got to Trestle Inn. Im thinking its bad gas so was going to go put some premium in it to see if that helps. Start machine and put in reverse and back up and hit button to take out of reverse and nothing happens. Reverse fail comes up on gauges not good. Only good thing was stranded in Trestle Inn parking lot instead of woods. Gave guy I was riding with my car keys to come back with my truck and trailer and went and drank beer for a couple hours. Finally get everything back to motel and get organized and come back out to get some stuff out of truck and step on back of trailer and it flips up. Someone must have helped themselves to my tilt trailer pin as it would have never fell out on its own. Had to run to town on Sunday and round up a pin for trailer and dropping off sled at dealer tomorrow. At least its still under warranty.  

Had scratchers down but probably didn't matter much. Wasn't overheating and temp on gauge stayed at 160. Another guy in club thought it might also be bad gas and a misfire settting off check engine. Ill see what they come up with when they plug into computer. As far as electronic reverse lots of problems with it on internet. Fuse wasn't blown and I also bought and changed the 2 relays that people have had problems with and still nothing. I think the Servo motor crapped out as those have had problems to. I just hope it doesn't take to long to fix as spring is around the corner