• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got My Sled Ready For The 18/19 Riding Season

LoonASea

56 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I'm ready but I will have to put some slower speed break in miles on the rebuild before hitting the trails hopefully later this coming winter.

Mixed gas your 1st tank with 3 hours of varied throttle 3/4 or less.  Just Do It.

I think I winterized like 15 engines and 4 boats for winter.  Sleds were put away ready.

37 minutes ago, knoppers said:

139 bucks for the new carbides I put on today, OUCH! it better snow this year.

Did you put on Dullies?  Your sleds not even that old is it?  

Edited by leech~~

yes I did put on the doolys, 6 inchers. hopefully they last longer since there is twice as much. the 2018 still had the factory bars on it. they lasted much longer than normal, they had a dooly of sorts on it, only one side with carbide, and a sort piece of hard bar on the other. But I still liked how they handled over a single bar. I bet these new bars carve it up plenty good.

1 hour ago, knoppers said:

yes I did put on the doolys, 6 inchers. hopefully they last longer since there is twice as much. the 2018 still had the factory bars on it. they lasted much longer than normal, they had a dooly of sorts on it, only one side with carbide, and a sort piece of hard bar on the other. But I still liked how they handled over a single bar. I bet these new bars carve it up plenty good.

I was thinking that when you said the price.  I put them on my last 3 sleds. It really helps in the handling around ice corners and riding in ruts on the trails to keep the darting down.

The first set I ever tried I was riding with 2 crazy buddies up by Marcel MN and I was all over the trail and siding around the corners trying to keep up with them on my long track. When we stopped for lunch in Big Fork I noticed a Sled shop in the middle of town so I headed over there after lunch and asked the guy if he had doolys for a Polaris sport touring.  He said he did and they were $110 at the time. I asked how much would it cost for them to put them on and when could they do it. He said pull it around back and we'll put them on right now for free.  I said, here is my Visa card! ? 

It was like night and day and really turned an unsafe scary weekend in to a fun one! ?

I've put them on every sled that I have had since and my last sled that only had 122 miles on it that was the first thing I did with it.

2 hours ago, Surface Tension said:

Adjusting ski pressure is something else to try.

Why climb under there and get all dirty making all kinds of adjustments, when you can bolt on big chunks of metal to the skis! ?

Edited by leech~~

On 11/30/2018 at 9:56 PM, leech~~ said:

The first set I ever tried I was riding with 2 crazy buddies up by Marcel MN and I was all over the trail and siding around the corners trying to keep up with them on my long track. When we stopped for lunch in Big Fork I noticed a Sled shop in the middle of town so I headed over there after lunch and asked the guy if he had doolys for a Polaris sport touring.  He said he did and they were $110 at the time. I asked how much would it cost for them to put them on and when could they do it. He said pull it around back and we'll put them on right now for free.  I said, here is my Visa card! ? 

It was like night and day and really turned an unsafe scary weekend in to a fun one! ?

I've put them on every sled that I have had since and my last sled that only had 122 miles on it that was the first thing I did with it.

Uffda... That's way to close to my turf!:P so how many miles you got so far!

10 hours ago, smurfy said:

Uffda... That's way to close to my turf!:P so how many miles you got so far!

On the newer sled? To tell you the truth I don't even remember checking when I wrapped it up last spring.  A few 100 more I'm sure.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:15 AM, leech~~ said:

On the newer sled? To tell you the truth I don't even remember checking when I wrapped it up last spring.  A few 100 more I'm sure.

WELL i was just up in  that country over the weekend. maybe 3-4 inches in the woods might be 2 inches of snow on the lakes!!!!!!

40 minutes ago, smurfy said:

WELL i was just up in  that country over the weekend. maybe 3-4 inches in the woods might be 2 inches of snow on the lakes!!!!!!

I just started her up and let her run a bit yesterday.  Wouldn't get out fishing until all the Holiday stuff is over in a few weeks but then the ice should be good and more snow hopefully.  Thanks for the reply over yonder! ?

yea I seen a couple out between ostego and montelcello the other day...…..when it was raining.?? you could still see grass, they where stopped, musta been in a water puddle to cool there slides. I was thinkin of calling the paddy wagon. not what I would do?????????? 

Just got back from up north on the range. Wasnt sledding but there were people that were. Will be good as the snow needs to get packed down to freeze swamps etc. so the groomers can get out. Some cold weather the next few nights should help with that. About a foot of snow up in the virginia area. Hopefully LoonASee will chime in with a report from the north shore soon as they got a lot of snow there. My sled is loaded up in the trailer just itching to hit some trails soon.