• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings 2018

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

4-2-1 Are they good or is it a fluke?

Injured players like Griffen, Hughes, Rhodes, Joseph, Barr and Cook.

Is it making the team stronger over the long haul?

They're good but when they're bad, they're bad.   The team lost their mojo over Griffen and that is the only explanation for our butt kicking from the Bills.

Like the guy and wish him well.

Having Joseph and Rhodes out won't make us stronger.

We've had two guys step up to take Cook's spot, I'm good with that.

I hope we've learned something from the Rams game and avoid a mismatch with Barr and pass coverage.    That leads into the secondary leaving receivers uncovered.  

That Kicker whose name is stricken in MN after letting GB off the hook multiple times. Letting him go made us stronger or at least feel better. :)

My thoughts to really make this year happen we need to see some better plans from the Offensive coordinator DeFilippo to go down field more using Diggs and Thielen deep and Rudolph over the middle. Hes got to setup some more pick plays to get these guys open. We spend half the game throwing short side passes behind the line of scrimmage which ends up going now where. I spend half the game yelling "Go Down the field" ?    I am feeling better about our kicker. He's missed 3 or 4 but Not all in One game!! ?

Biggest concern is the o-line and Cousins hanging on to the ball to long. Granted they aren't giving him enough time, but he is also careless in the pocket and needs to get rid of the ball quicker. But with this o-line he has to know hes not going to be able to sit back in the pocket long. That is probably the reason you don't see Diggs and Thielen go deep because they don't have enough time to get there before Cousins has to get rid of the ball.

I am hoping Griffen coming back will give the defense a spark. They will get a good test on Sunday night with the Saints.

The Vikes are a solid team, but they have a lot of holes and flaws they will need to overcome in order to do anything in the playoffs (I think they'll make it, definitely one of the 6 best teams in the NFC).  But considering the competition they will face in the playoffs and without a doubt will have to face on the road (no way they get top 2 seeds), I don't think they stand much of a chance. At best they will host the Wildcard round, and if they win that, they will more than likely be beaten in the next round on the road. 

Weird things can happen though. Injuries to other teams being the biggest, and if they catch fire at the right time, that could propel them to the next level. 

I can't stand to watch them unless I am drinking beyond my capacity and since I don't do that anymore I don't watch em. I will say it does save me from a lot of frustrating moments. I will jump on the band wagon if they are close at the end of the season though! ?

They spend all that money on a QB but at this point in last years season they were averaging almost 24 points per game. This year so far they are averaging just over 25 points per game. Maybe they should have invested in Defense or offensive line.

Without a better offensive line I think last year was the absolute peak they can hope to obtain and this year is more indicative of what we should expect until that issue is addressed.  I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over a loss against the Patriots in New England, they are 69-9 at home over the last 10 seasons for a reason.  However, I would just one time like to see the Vikings jump up and surprise me.  I told my wife yesterday that the Vikings were going to lose as soon as I saw that Chicago lost.  I told her they have a great opportunity to make up ground in the division all they need to do is take the opportunity and show up and win a game but they are the Vikings so they'll just muddle through the game and lose by 2 scores. Of course I'm not sure she was listening because I was talking football but thats beside the point.  

I have a feeling we'll back into the playoffs either by Chicago falling apart with a backup QB or through help from a lot of other teams.  Then we'll lay an egg somewhere and look like a JV team heading into the off season.  

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

They spend all that money on a QB but at this point in last years season they were averaging almost 24 points per game. This year so far they are averaging just over 25 points per game. Maybe they should have invested in Defense or offensive line.

They didn't spend the money hoping to get more out of a QB.  You couldn't realistically hope to find a QB that would have a better season than Keenum had last year.  They spent the money hoping they'd find a QB that could replicate that production year after year and there was little chance that Keenum would be able to which seems to be playing out in Denver. 

I don't think all the blame needs to fall on Cousins or that the QB is the only problem,  this team has a lot of issues mainly the o-line. But I also I wonder how much the change from Shurmur to DeFilippo is part of the results. Just doesnt seem like DeFilippo is able to get anything out of other than Cousin's what is essentially the same group of players.  But the defense has also regressed. They have this reputation to be legit but look at how many points they have given up starting with the Saints game last year. Its just not going to get it done especially when our offense cant score.

I think Spielman should have kept Keenum, saved some cash and spent it on o-line and other areas. The o-line has been an issue for years and they have done nothing to improve. Now they are pretty much capped out and its obvious even if this team barely makes the playoffs I don't see them beating anybody anyway.

Keenum is now 6-6 on a team that was 5-11 last year and Cousins is now 6-5-1 for a team that was 14-4 and made the playoffs last year. And Keenum makes $12million less.

I don't even know if they have beat a team with a winning record yet this year? After the bears and packers losses yesterday it was time for the Vikes to take pony up and take over and they do what they always do in those situations.

And can we get rid of Mike Pfeifer, he seems to be the only consistent thing surrounding all of our kicker  problems. What has he done to keep his job?

But hey, at least the packers wasted another year of Rogers though.

For sure QB is not the issue.  Offensive issues are related to the O line and I think play calling.  I'm not sure the new OC has learned how to best use all of the weapons at his disposal.  I'm hoping that is more of a learning curve with new players but time will tell. 

The D is certainly no where near where it was last year.  Injuries have been a big part of that.  Last year we were one of the healthiest teams in the league.  This year we have injuries all over the defense.  Even when we've had everyone playing they just don't seem to be playing with the same intensity as last year.

Man I wish they would stop throwing those stupid 2-3 yard crossing routes, especially on 3rd,4th and long. Try more screens, jet sweeps.. half back options.. Try something new. Stop doing the exact same plays over and over that are not working...

36 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Right now Cousins is like 9th in the NFL above Keenum or Brady.........So  Not sure the QB spot is the issue with the Vik's. 

I never said the QB was the issue. I'm just saying that maybe the QB was never the issue, especially since you had 3 starters to choose from and one took you to the NFC Championship game and a 13-3 record. 

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Every game I just keep asking myself. How do Cleveland Browns fans do this year after year and will I ever get use to it?  ?  ?

You should be used to it by now, the Vikings have been doing the same thing since 1961.

53 minutes ago, rundrave said:

I don't think all the blame needs to fall on Cousins or that the QB is the only problem,  this team has a lot of issues mainly the o-line. But I also I wonder how much the change from Shurmur to DeFilippo is part of the results. Just doesnt seem like DeFilippo is able to get anything out of other than Cousin's what is essentially the same group of players.  But the defense has also regressed. They have this reputation to be legit but look at how many points they have given up starting with the Saints game last year. Its just not going to get it done especially when our offense cant score.

I think Spielman should have kept Keenum, saved some cash and spent it on o-line and other areas. The o-line has been an issue for years and they have done nothing to improve. Now they are pretty much capped out and its obvious even if this team barely makes the playoffs I don't see them beating anybody anyway.

Keenum is now 6-6 on a team that was 5-11 last year and Cousins is now 6-5-1 for a team that was 14-4 and made the playoffs last year. And Keenum makes $12million less.

I don't even know if they have beat a team with a winning record yet this year? After the bears and packers losses yesterday it was time for the Vikes to take pony up and take over and they do what they always do in those situations.

And can we get rid of Mike Pfeifer, he seems to be the only consistent thing surrounding all of our kicker  problems. What has he done to keep his job?

But hey, at least the packers wasted another year of Rogers though.

clapping gif.gif

1 hour ago, nofishfisherman said:

I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over a loss against the Patriots in New England, they are 69-9 at home over the last 10 seasons for a reason.

Yeah, I get that. But it would be nice to see your offense score more than 10 points though. I mean even the Packers scored 17 on them........?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Prediction for Monday Night Football.

The Vikes match up well against Seattle.

The 12th man factor is the only thing in Seattle's favor.

The Vikings have seemed to respond pretty well after a loss this season but this is a tough game on the road.  I'd give the vikings a slight edge based on match up but still think its a 50/50 game. 

Looking at the playoff picture I'm guessing the Vikings need to win 2 more games and they are in.  There just isn't a team trailing them thats in a good position to overtake them.  Washington may not win another game this year now that Sanchez is their QB.  Carolina has lost 4 in a row and finishes up with 2 games against the Saints and Philly faces the Cowboys, Rams, and Texans over the next 3 weeks.  I don't see either of those teams going better than 2-2 to finish the season.