• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2018-19

JBMasterAngler

So what are the timberwolves supposed to do? Clearly, they’re not going to make the playoffs this year. Kind’ve hard to rebuild a team with 2 players under max contracts. I get the impression that tibs will get fired this season also. Will be interesting to see what we get for Butler if, and when we trade him.

I think the trade sucks if they actually had the Heat's offer of Josh Richardson and a 1st round pick plus another player...even Richardson and the first round pick would be better then Saric, Covington, and a 2022 2nd!  Maybe I am off on this (Saric and Covington aren't the worst return) but looking back I wish they had stuck with Lavine, Markinen, and Dunn!  Oh well glad to put this behind us and start the healing process!!  hope Butler brings the 76ers and their "Process" down!! ?  Go Wolves!!

I’m glad Lavine is gone! With him on the team, wolves would’ve been in last place last year. He is NOT a winner! Chicago sucked last year! They suck this year! And they’re going to suck next year! I think Jimmy Butler would have stayed if we would have shipped off Wiggins. If anything, this trade should help reduce minutes for KAT and Gibson in a positive way.

4 hours ago, IceHawk said:

Hate to say it but they do seem to have better chemistry without Butler.

Time will tell.

They could make some noise if they become a true "team".

And it's obvious to any observer that somebody needs to light a fire underneath Wiggins butt.

Don't truly know if that is even possible?

I'm not gonna miss the prima donna.

I doubt he makes it to the all star break. That was a nice win last night, but inexcusable loss to Atlanta. Thibs made a lot of questionable calls in the Atlanta game. I think his coaching style is dated and too easily defeated by all the "shoot every shot as a three" teams of the modern NBA. Prior to the Butler trade, I don't think he's even improved our defense. Wiggins and Rose still struggle on defense and Towns is frequently out of position. 

Not a lot of arguments for Thibs right now, except his draft/scouting abilities. 

I hope nobody is banking on Glen making a good personnel decision on a basketball team. 

He is exceptionally good at his core business ( or was before he stepped back) but he should have nothing to do with the basketball team except cutting checks

4 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I hope nobody is banking on Glen making a good personnel decision on a basketball team. 

Haha amen to that! I hope Ryan gets to coach out the season and the organization makes a decision in the off season. Doubt it works out that way, but I can dream

Definitely surprised by that decision, especially coming off of two consecutive blowout wins. Will be interesting to see how the team responds. Right now I’m hoping for UCLA to throw an insane amount of money Hoiberg’s way, that he is unable to resist. I also heard Chauncey Billups name mentioned.

Sounds like Hoiberg as GM and Billups as coach is being thrown around. I'd be ok with Hoiberg as GM, not sure how I feel about Billups as a coach now that he's been an analyst for so long. 

I'm cautiously optomistic about the change. Saunders is close in age to our starts and he's well respected in the locker room. If I remember right, a bunch of our players attended his wedding and he's close with Wiggins, Towns, and Tyus. I think his newer age style of ball will translate well to our younger players and maybe inspire them to play harder. First test later tonight!

Well, things went pretty well. All the players were sure excited about his first win. It appears that these guys are going play harder, and more inspired due to the respect they have for Saunders. I hope it’s enough to sway the front office to hire him on a permanent basis. I would feel much better with Saunders as the coach, than with Hoiberg.

Id rather role with Saunders then hire another retread coach that got fired somewhere else.  I think the NFL is starting to learn that rehiring retread coaches typically only yields the same results.  Now they are looking for younger more innovative first time coaches and they've been having a lot of success.  I think its time for the NBA to do the same thing.  Hopefully Saunders can have some success this season and earn the full time job.  I know Flip would sure be looking down as one proud dad.