• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2018-19

JBMasterAngler

Doesn’t look like the future is very bright for the wolves. Butler’s choices in teams are interesting, to say the least. None of those teams have anything to offer that would benefit us. So, the alternative is to keep him for the season, and go to the playoffs as an 8th seed again. Then lose him, and suck again while we suffer through Wiggins’ contract.

Butler isn't going to stick around. I'd be surprised if he isn't dealt before camp begins Monday. We don't have to trade him to the three (garbage) teams he requested. I, for one, hope he gets traded to a team that benefits the Wolves and not Butler. 

(I'm pretty upset he asks to be traded after a year that he cost us the chance of making a strong playoff push)

Butler is a locker room problem and that is evident now.  We just need to hope there is a team with assets that feel they can deal with his attitude and are willing to give us decent compensation.  Then we need our knucklehead coach/gm to think about the franchise and not himself and really get whats best for the Twolves future and not this season alone!  We have a good chip to deal.  We have 2 players that will be hungry to lead this team and show the nay sayers that they can play at a high level and win!! (hopefully)

1 hour ago, ozzie said:

Butler is a locker room problem and that is evident now.  We just need to hope there is a team with assets that feel they can deal with his attitude and are willing to give us decent compensation.  Then we need our knucklehead coach/gm to think about the franchise and not himself and really get whats best for the Twolves future and not this season alone!  We have a good chip to deal.  We have 2 players that will be hungry to lead this team and show the nay sayers that they can play at a high level and win!! (hopefully)

i agree 100%

1 hour ago, ozzie said:

We just need to hope there is a team with assets that feel they can deal with his attitude and are willing to give us decent compensation. 

The problem is the Wolves have no leverage now in regards to trades. If Butler wanted out why did he wait so long, that's just going to make it even harder for him to get to the teams he wants to be traded to? He really left the Wolves in a bad predicament with the timing of all of this.

They have to keep him at this point don't they? And man Thibs is as good as gone if they don't get anything in return. This quickly went to a real promising future to disaster. And that huge deal Wiggins got looks worse and worse by the day. The wolves cant build around that deal and Wiggins either.

I don't get the concept that we won't get anything in return for him.  If you are using that theory look at Kawai Leonard...San Antonio seemed to get something for a guy that everyone knew was not gonna work with San Antonio and everyone said they would only get something from the Lakers but Toronto stepped up made a play and the word is that they may be the front runner on resigning him!  Look at Paul George...he was in the same boat that he was not gonna resign with anyone and the Thunder took a chance and now they have him on the books for years to come cuz he changed his mind.  Players in the NBA seem to change every month as to what they want to do.  Get rid of Butler, get some good assets, and move on.

I agree to that statement. Losing Butler sucks, but I think it'll work out for the wolves. If you look at what we should get in return for Butler vs giving up Lavine, Dunn, and Markennan in the trade, we're doing alright. No way we could have kept Lavine with his huge contract and potential further injuries and Dunn (who I like as a player) probly won't get better than he currently is. Markennan is the one I wish we still had, but we should be able to pull a couple young shooters and maybe a draft pick or veteran in this Butler deal. 

Time will tell.. 

I have to admit, I only watched the fourth quarter and overall thought the team looked pretty good. But unless I missed it and he's hurt, can anyone explain how Okogie sat the bench the entire game? I know the knock on Thibs his entire career is that he's hard on rookies and doesn't play them much, but considering the Butler situation, is he that myopic on getting a W the first game of an 82 game season that he doesn't understand he needs to start developing players that will still be here after Butler's gone?  Even if Butler never leaves, he has to start developing some depth.  You can't tell me Okogie couldn't have been useful as a defensive replacement for a few minutes.

Maybe I missed something and Okogie is hurt. But if not, Thibs lack of developing our bench is as egregious as his handling of the Butler situation so far.

Okogie and KBD are both healthy, but sit due to Thibs having his head in a dark place. I sure hope they get some playing time tonight. Looking at the minutes given to Butler, Rose, and Tolliver, I doubt they'll play for awhile. 

Bummer, since they both had a good preseason. I can see Okogie developing into Butler 2.0 so why not play him while he can learn from 1.0?

shot clock reduces to 14 on an offensive rebound has sped up play but the way the refs are calling games, at a very tight game, not letting the defenders touch a guy has created a lot of players getting into foul trouble and not being so aggressive on the D. 

I agree that it was nice to see them come together and pull out a win without Jimmy.  I really think they need to go back to Miami and tell them Josh Richardson, Whiteside, and a 1st round pick for Jimmy.  Let's move on and get an asset that this team can use.  With this trade listed we get a young upcoming player in Richardson, a rim protector in Whiteside, and a coveted 1st round pick that will land in the upper teens.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, ozzie said:

meh~last night they were giving Rose an MVP chant too!  In the first quarter!!!  Okogie is a decent ball player and will get his time it seems. 

After the game the other night maybe those chants weren't that far off?