• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

Gopher Nation 2018

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

Saban took over, in 2007, a struggling Mike Shula team that ended the 2005 season ranked 4th in the nation. 

Now this is really funny....I like your notion of Alabama's struggling at 10-2 and ranked 4th in the nation in 2005 and comparing the Gophers before Fleck took over as being the same as Alabama's Saban in 2007. 😁

How about 2006?

Fleck took over a 9 win team the year before, Saban took over a 6 win team. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

I do really like what I saw when Fleck fired his D coord. 

You don't dislike the fact that he hired the wrong defensive coordinator in the first place?

4 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

You don't dislike the fact that he hired the wrong defensive coordinator in the first place?

I like an elite coach or soon to be one who fixes things.

Now Saban, did he have like 6 or 7 victories vacated from his 2007 record for cheating?

10 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

How about 2006?

Fleck took over a 9 win team the year before, Saban took over a 6 win team. 

Fleck took over a team whose roster was depleted...as in awful. Saban took over a well stocked roster.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Now Saban, did he have like 6 or 7 victories vacated from his 2007 record for cheating?

If I remember correctly that was left over from Shula's time. I believe all of the wins from the 10 win season you were talking about were also vacated.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Fleck took over a team whose roster was depleted...as in awful. Saban took over a well stocked roster.

LOL, Saban's roster was stocked with ineligible players.

Who cares what Alabama did 10 years ago! Or who inherited what from who! I routinely root against Alabama every game, but also acknowledge that Saban may very well be the best college football coach of all time! So to compare Fleck to Saban is quite silly. Right now, I’m just happy to say that he’s a good coach!